↘︎ chapter seventy-three

73 | The abducted mission

Marley Macmillan had never thought of being a boy. But now that she was transformed into her brother for an hour, she felt a little uncomfortable and weird. She could constantly feel the frames of her glasses around her nose and their ends to her ears. Brielle Macmillan got along with the others, and everyone, in Moody's signal, ascended into the sky.

The mother and daughter had to go to the suburbs of London where Elphias Doge lived. He was an old member of the Order, and from there, they had to get a Portkey to the Burrow.

"Hey, mom!" Marley called out her mother. "What did you and George talked about?"

"Nothing important," Brielle replied. "Marley, I never said I didn't like George and I don't want you to think so. He's a good boy. Yes, for a moment when you told me that you were moving out to live with him, I didn't feel good. But it was because I was scared that you're growing up."

"Mom--"

"But if he makes you happy and you love him, go ahead." her words sounded almost like a sob. "I'm not the one who's stopping you from doing this, Marley. Just look at you. You're so grown up and I can't believe it."

"But part of me will always be your little girl." said Marley with a faint smile. "You know, it's strange I'm telling this while I'm trapped in my brother's body and speaking with male voice."

"Yes, totally." laughed quietly Brielle. They rose up in the air and Privet Drive was far from them. They were above the clouds and then they saw the hooded figures. They were at least thirty. Brielle and Marley looked at each other with worry, flashing in their eyes.

"Mom, hurry up!" said Marley and Brielle accelerated the speed of the broomstick, turning whirling to the right. Marley saw her mother's dazzling abilities when she played as a Seeker at Hogwarts. And then behind them came a few hooded figures with broomsticks and raised wands.

"Stupefy!" shouted Marley after she took out her wand. Red bolt of light shot from her own wand, cleaving a gap between the four pursuing Death Eaters as they scattered to avoid it.

Brielle managed the broom so smoothly that she obeyed her will. In the meantime, Marley repelled the Death Eaters avoided their curses.

More Killing Curses flew past Marley's head from the two remaining Death Eaters' wands; they were aiming for Brielle. Marley responded with further Stunning Spells: Red and green collided in midair in a shower of multicolored sparks.

They were already flying over London. Through the clouds, she could see the city lights, billboards and the cougar of cars. It was very cold up here and Marley wished she had taken at least gloves. She wore a red T-shirt and a grey sweatshirt. There was no way she could dress more tightly, because she had to look like the other Potters. But now the cold was her least concern.

"They knew we would move Harry today," Brielle yelled and bent down to avoid another spell. "There is a scammer among us."

Five Death Eaters were flying on brooms after Brielle and Marley, and one of the spells hit the stuffed owl in a cage and it fell. Marley pretended to be yelling after the bird to look more convincing in her role as Harry. Still, she had to fool them into being him.

"Confringo!" shouted Marley and she blasted off one Death Eater from his broom. He fell with screams. Other Death Eaters were approaching and yelling curses at her.

"Reducto!" a blond Death Eater yelled and Marley pushed Brielle, who barely avoided the curse, aimed for their broomstick.  Marley's mother lost control over her broomstick and they started falling for a couple of seconds, but thankfully, soon they were back in the air.