↘︎ chapter fifty-eight

58 | George and Harry fight Malfoy

"Captains, shake your hands." Madam Hooch's voice swirled across the pitch as Angelina and the Slytherin captain Graham Montague shook hands. Monatgue was quite muscular, but he looked just as dumb as the new Beaters Crabbe and Goyle. Marley Macmillan noticed that Montague was about to break Angelina's arm, but she didn't tremble.

Madam Hooch's whistle ran across the pitch. Fourteen players took their broomsticks and flew in the air, everything was ready and the match started. And Lee Jordan's comments, too.

Ron was crunching around the Goal hoops, and Harry and Draco were going around the pitch, searching for the Golden Snitch.

"And here is Johnson, Johnson with the Quaffle. What an amazing player is this girl. Oh, she passes to Macmillan. Oh, Macmmilan once I wanted to ask you out but Weasley is obviously better than me--"

"Jordan!" shouted Professor McGonagall.

"Just a fun fact, professor." smiled Lee Jordan. "At least I can ask Lina, but I guess she is also taken. Okay, I'm stopping, professor. Macmillan passes under Warrington, then Montague and ... oh, a Bludger hits her from Crabbe ... Montague catches the Quaffle. Montague runs the game and ... good Bludger from George Weasley. Montaguе drops the Quaffle, which is taken over by Katie Bell, she returns the ball to Angelina Johnson, but she's far..."

And then Marley started hearing different noises from the stands where the Slytherins were. They also laughed as if they were starting singing after their team scored ten points. Marley quickly recognised the words.

WEASLEY CANNOT SAVE A SINGLE THING,
HE CANNOT BLOCK A SINGLE RING...

She tried not to pay attention to the words of the song, but glanced briefly at Ron, who was paler than a deadman. Crabbe sent a Bludger to Harry, and he avoided it and continued to search for Snitch. Lee's comments continued to resonate on the pitch.

"Pucey tosses to Warrington, Warrington to Montague... Macmillan intervenes, Macmillan takes the Quaffle, Macmillan to Bell, that's good... thats bad... Bell is hit by Bludger from Goyle by Slytherin and the ball is owned by Pucey..."

WEASLEY WAS BORN IN A BIN,
HE ALWAYS LETS THE QUAFFLE IN...

"Another great Bludger from Fred Weasley, uhgh, I mean, George Weasley, damn it whatever." it was obvious that Lee was trying to ignore the Slytherins' song, which was getting stronger. Professor McGonagall quarreled with Lee about the rude language, but the game went on in full force. Angelina had scored ten points for Gryffindor, and very soon the score was fifty to twenty for Slytherin. They had a chance to equal the score and win if Harry finds the Snitch and catch it.

WEASLEY WILL MAKE SURE WE WIN
WEASLEY IS OUR KING.

Marley barely escaped a Bludger, who was directed from one of the Weasley twins to Goyle. Marley lowered down, watching Bell holding the Quaffle and approaching Slytherin's Keeper.

WEASLEY IS OUR KING,
HE ALWAYS LETS THE QUAFFLE IN...

Ten more points were scored for Gryffindor, of which all Gryffindors in the stands yelled, and Luna Lovegood's lion-hat roared very realistically. And then Marley saw Harry and Draco chase down, trying to get the Snitch. Harry's right hand was just wrapping itself around the small golden ball, and Lee was announcing one hundred and fifty points for Gryffindor when Crabbe pointed a Bludger and struck Harry with it. The boy fell from the broomtick to the ground.

Madam Hooch whistled the whistle and everyone came down to the ground and got off their broomsticks. Marley noticed that Draco was saying something to Harry about his dumb song, just as Fred and George were passing by.