↘︎ chapter seventy-one

71 | Tragic End

Marley Mаcmillan had never been involved in a fight in her life. It may have been Felix Felixis' influence, but she knew that luck was on her side. Nothing bad would happen to her and her friends. They were proteced from the liquid luck.

As they were approaching the Astronomy Tower, the sounds of battle grew louder. The Death Eaters were definitely fighting too boldly, but the people of the Order were not left behind. When the seventh arrived, Marley saw Bill Weasley lying on the floor, his whole face torn and covered in blood.

"Oh, Moody is here!" exclaimed Lupin with a sigh of relief. "Kids, be careful--"

"Petrificus Totalus!" yelled Neville, who pushed Professor Lupin aside, saving him from a curse. The Death Eater that had attacked him, froze on his place and fell.

"That was amazing, Neville," said with a smile Lupin. "Now, get into the battle!"

Marley exchanged a look with Ginny and in the next moment a blond Death Eather attacked the eighteen-year-old girl.

"Impedimenta!" yelled the girl and the movements of the Death Eaters became much slower and even calm. There was a certain lead in the duel because he was starting to get quite slow. Marley saw that Ginny was skillfully avoiding curses from another Death Eater, Neville was bravely fighting with two others, and Lupin was with him. Tonks and Moody repelled Voldmort's followers.

"Locomotor Mortis!" she said and the Death Eather's legs sticked together and he fell on the floor. Another of these shits with black robe attacked the girl, while she was trying to make her way to Ginny.

"Cruci--"

Marley barely managed to avoid the Cruciatus Curse. She was running and escaping them, but didn't have the time to attack back.

"Imperio!"

"Crucio!"

One by another, he was only trying to curse Marley with the Unforgivable Curses, but she avoided them again. Felix Felicis was raging in her veins.

"Expelliarmus!" Marley yelled and the wand of the Death Eater flew away from his hand, in the end of the room. "Deprimo!"

A hole blasted in the ground and the Death Eater fall through it with angry screams. In that time she was with the corner of her eyes three Death Eaters running up the stairs to the Astronomy Tower. They were too far and Marley couldn'd do anything.

"Cruci--"

"Protego!" yelled Marley toward the third Death Eater attacking her. A shield in front of her, protecting her from the Unforgivable Curse. Sweat was flowing down her forehead and face, there werea few scratches on her hands and she was breathing heavily.

"Impedimenta!" the Death Eater with the robe shouted and this time Marley didn't have the luck and the jinx shot her. She began to move more slowly, her body was getting calm, but in her mind was raging a storm from anger. She couldn't do anything and tried to move towards him, but he directed his wand and she was sent to the wall, where her back bushed with the hard stone and she fell.

Marley was curled up in a ball, trembling, waiting for the jinx to pass. Then someone said a spell that paralysed her enemy and then helped Marley to stand up. The Jinx was weakening and she could almost move normally.

"Thank you--" she raised her head and saw Lupin smiling at her weakly.

"Are you okay?" he asked concerned and Marley just nodded with her head. The bones of her back cracked but she didn't pay attention on them.