↘︎ chapter two

2 | Say hello to Weasley

When Marley Macmillan was young, her mother adored telling her stories about the Wizarding World and the pranks she was making with her friends while they were studying at Hogwarts. It seemed really cool and Marley wondered if she was going to find friends who would also make pranks. She started making pranks when she was seven. Marley loved scaring her mother in different ways, jumping in front of her, she was even stealing her wand sometimes and was trying to remember some spells for her pranks. Noelle never seemed to mind her pranks, once she told Marley that her father was keen on pranks just like her.

All that memories were running through Marley's head while she was walking in the train, looking for a free compartment. She was the new one, and she was shy when she didn't know anyone. She was alone in this adventure. Marley saw older students, sitting in different compartments and joking around, laughing. But she was just trying to find a compartment where to sit, put her suitcase and draw. And finally she saw one, waiting only for her - no one seemed to be there, so she slid the door of the compartment and put her suitcase down, then she took out her sketchbook and sat on the soft seats.

She took a pencil, wondering what to draw while she was looking through the window at the beautiful landscapes with hills and green meadows, enormous trees, clear sky and bright sun. Maybe she was going to draw the view from the window. That sounded like a good idea and Marley began drawing. Her sketchbook was filled with drawings, which some of them were really beautiful.

Although she was a witch, she has lived in a muggle town all the time as a muggle like the rest of the population. She went to school before being accepted to Hogwarts, and there her drawing teacher told her she had an unique talent and the girl enrolled in lessons, won several drawing awards and continued to develop. If anyone see her drawings now, they would think that a girl of about fourteen or fifteen was the rule of this drawing, not eleven-year-old. Marley flipped through her sketchbook, seeing that she had drawings of her mother, Noelle and Noen, different landscapes, and what she saw in Aberaeron. The town was small and peaceful but very beautiful. Probably this is why her mother had chosen it when she had to escape. Because it was safe.

Suddenly, the compartment door opened and two red-haired boys came inside with big smiles on their faces. They looked as though they had done some mischief and were hiding. However, Marley was so startled by their appearance that she tapped the pencil on the paper and nearly broke it. She had no idea what these two boys were doing in her compartment while she was trying to create beautiful drawing of the landscape.

She abruptly left her sketchbook and stood up from her seat exactly in the same moment when she heard quiet explosion that made Poop! and screams. The red-haired boys just burst into laughter, but Marley was confused and angry. The boys dared to go in her compartment and they didn't even notice she was there, but she had no idea what was going on outside the compartment. Probably they had done something to one of the other students.

Marley was still up when she coughed and the boys at the same time turned to see the girl at the other end of the compartment with her hands crossed over her chest. "Can you get out of the compartment, please? I'm trying to draw."

"Oh, what are you drawing?" asked the ginger boy on the left side. He was a bit shorter than the boy from the right side, but they had the same smirks on their faces and naughty green eyes. Marley realized they were pranksters like her, but in that situation she seemed like peacekeeper.

Marley was now just annoyed but not angry. The redheads looked so innocent and funny, their smirks and it was hard to be mad at them. They just spread positivity in the compartment, while from the outside Marley could hear the screams of the student they had pranked. She couldn't recognize if it was a boy or girl, because sometimes some boys could scream like girls.