↘︎ chapter seventy-four

74 | Wedding Fun

Bill and Fleur returned last, and the news that Alastor Moody was killed shocked everyone. No one wanted to make sure that this tough and brave man, fearful and dangerous, was gone.

One day after Harry's seventeenth birthday was Bill and Fleur's wedding day. A huge tent was laid out in the yard of the Burrow; the chairs and the altar were arranged there, where they were going to be married. In recent days there was a lot of preparation for the wedding, the house was overcrowded. Noelle Black and Noen arrived in the morning of the wedding, wearing two dresses and one suit, wrapped very carefully in special nylon.

Marley Mаcmillan was had just put on her bright red dress. She didn't look as innocent now as on the day of the Yule Ball that long ago. Now Marley looked powerful, confident, beautiful. Her dress was strewn with red flowers and (since she had a weakness for tulle), quite a lot of tulle. The dress was again short, reaching shortly after the middle of her thighs. It had a rather long V-shaped neck. Her hair was curled up with curls and her lips had a pink shiny gloss.

Marley was struggling hard with the zipper of her dress, which she couldn't twist at such an angle that it would fasten. She nearly fell several times because of the high heels she was wearing. She despaired and looked at the whole mess in the room she shared with Ginny and the bride Fleur. It would be impossible to find her wand. She bent slightly and the dress slid slightly down, stripping her back even more. She cursed angrily, turning the covers, looking for her wand. Suddenly there was a knock on the door, Marley just muttered something like an answer and didn't even see who stepped inside.

"I was going to say the guests are arriving--" George murmured stiffly, his tongue tangled. He was already wearing his suit, except his coat. But he had never been a fan of the coats since. Marley just puffed, stood up, and prematurely fixed the straps on her dress.

"Are you going to fasten my zipper?" Marley asked, her bare back to him. George could barely say a thing and simply pushed her hair forward carefully, fastening the zipper of her dress. Now Marley was feeling much better with a tight dress. "The room is such a mess. I lost my wand. I don't know where it is, and we don't have time. We have to get down--"

"Аccio wand!" said George, waving his wand. And Marley's wand appeared in her hand, after she had left her hiding place under the bed, where there were piles of old clothes. "Then we boys were messed up."

Marley laughed. "How do I look? Mom had picked this dress for me without even allowing me to see it before today--"

"If you have looked in the mirror," George was grinning, "you would know that you look beautiful. Really. I swallowed my tongue when I saw you."

"Thank you." Marley licked her lips. "Okay, now let's go down. Fleur will be in this room in a minute. They have to fix some thing on her dress."

They quickly left the room and went down the stairs. Mrs. Weasley was in the kitchen wearing a beautiful amethyst dress. When she saw Marley, she gasped. Then they headed for the tent. Marley walked inside and almost immediately noticed her mother, godmother and Noen. They were sitting in the third row and chatting lively.

"Hey." Marley said, sitting next to Noen who was wearing a formal black suit. Beside him was Noelle. She was wearing a black dress to the knees, with mesh sleeves that had asterisks, and the skirt of the dress was all in tulle. Her hair was half pulled up and curled. Next to her, Brielle's hair was in a lovely bun that looked both casual and formal. Her dress was blue and with very little tulle, just where she was going down long. It looked like a short cloak behind her.

"Oh my god, Marley!" exclaimed Noelle, without believing her eyes. Then she looked at Brielle. "Brie, I didn't know you chose such a stunning dress for our Marley. Oh, honey, you're so beautiful. Now tell me, what did you lucky boy thought when he saw you?"and she grinned playfully.