↘︎ chapter sixty-four

64 | George's letter

Two weeks after the start of the summer vacation, Marley Macmillan and Noen Black went to the Burrow - the house of the Weasley family. Oddly enough, Fleur Delacour, who used to study in Beauxbatons, was also there recently, and according to her words, she and Bill wanted to get married.

At first, Marley seemed slightly shocked, but quickly received the news very happily. She had never had anything against Fleur in general - only her French accent was a little strange. However, for unknown reasons, Mrs. Weasley wasn't the happiest. Maybe she didn't like the two of them getting married after dating for a year. But they were at war right now. It was not certain when your last day would be here.

Marley and Noen had arrived just three days ago when, one morning at breakfast, Marley found out that Harry was here in Fred and George's room. She had been very busy since she arrived at the Burrow and had sent a short letter to the twins, waiting for an answer from them soon.

Ron and Hermione went immediately upstairs, but Fleur, Marley and Ginny stayed to help Mrs. Weasley with getting off the table. Then the two girls went to Fred and George's room excited to see Harry. When they were approaching it, Marley had just heard Harry, speaking:

"Dunno," said Harry. "He can't be worse than Umbridge, can he?"

"I know someone who's worse than Umbridge," Ginny opened the doorway. The two girls slouched in the room. "Hi, Harry."

"What's up with you?" Ron asked.

"It's her," said Ginny, plonking herself down on Harry's bed. "She's driving me mad."

"Stop it, Gin." sharpened Marley, sitting next to Ginny. "She's not bad. Maybe she's selfish at moments but excluding this, she's a really nice person."

"Oh, that's right, defend her," snapped Ginny. Harry tried to ask who were they talking about when Fleur Delacour opened the door by herself and left Harry's breakfast on the desk. She kissed him on both cheeks and they were talking (mostly she) for a while, when at that time Noen slipped through the doorway.

Mrs. Weasley also came to the twins' room and when Fleur announced the news to Harry, he was confused but congratulated her about the future wedding.

"Mum hates her," said Ginny quietly after Fleur left the room.

"I do not hate her!" said Mrs. Weasley in a cross whisper. "I just think they've hurried into this engagement, that's all!"

"She's cool." crossed shoulders Noen. "I noticed a lot of you don't like her and I'm wondering why. She's been so nice to me."

Mrs. Weasley simply patted motherly Noen on the shoulder, smiling slightly as Marley agreed with her best friend. "Ginny," she whispered, "come downstairs and help me with the lunch."

"I'm talking to this lot!" said Ginny, outraged.

"Now!" said Mrs. Weasley, and withdrew from the doorway.

"I'm coming too!" shouted Marley, because she didn't want to leave Ginny alone. And it was good to help the others.

"She only wants me there so she doesn't have to be alone with Phlegm!" said Ginny crossly. She swung her long red hair around in a very good imitation of Fleur and pranced across the room with her arms held aloft like a ballerina.

"Don't call her like that, Ginny," said Marley as the two girls got downstairs in the kitchen. At the time they arrived, Mrs. Weasley was smiling over a letter that a beautiful owlet was holding.

"It's for you, sweetie." said Mrs. Weasley, handing Marley the letter. For a moment she frowned but then recognised George's handwriting.

Dear... hey... uhm, hi, Mar,