↘︎ chapter twenty-four

24 | Hair pranks and the mysterious girl

"So, what happened to Malfoy?" questioned Marley Macmillan, sitting next to Harry, Ron and Hermione at the Gryffindor table. The Weasley twins weren't with her, not even Angelina or Lee, so she could take a breath from them. It was only the first day of the new school year and Draco Malfoy already managed to put himself into trouble. And the people around him. The boy's hand seemed immobile, but he was definitely pretending. He complained to his friends that he would not be able to write for a long time.

"Today was our first class with Hagrid." said Hermione sadly but when she looked at the Slytherin table she angrily narrowed her eyes. "We had a practical exercise with hippogriffs. I hope you already know how proud and offensive creatures they are."

Marley only nodded with her head, taking out her notebooks and textbooks. Harry was the one who continued the story. "And when it was Malfoy's turn, he thought it'll be fun if he says something bad about the hippogriff Buckbeak. As you can guess, the creature got offended and hit Malfoy in the hand."

"It was pretty funny to see Malfoy on the ground." added Ron with a grin, but his smile quickly faded. "But we are worried about Hagrid. It's only his first day and Malfoy already put him in trouble. He has enough worries but now this."

"It really sucks." confirmed Marley and she took her quill and put it in the inkwell, ready to start her Study for Ancient Runes homework. But it had not been more than five minutes since she had started translating her runic text, and then the door to the Great Hall opened and Fred and George flew inside. Marley moaned desperately, trying to hide herself with her robe.

"What happen?" frowned Hermione when she noticed Marley was suddenly hiding from someone. The other girl turned her head and saw the Weasley twins, coming straight to the Gryffindor table with the biggest grins on their faces. "Oh, your friends are coming."

"I need to hide right now." Marley hissed and lifted her robe high enough to hide her face from Fred and George. "They don't have to see me."

"I think they already did." smirked Ron and Marley felt the footsteps of Fred and George, walking towards the little group of friends. They sat next to Marley, pretending to be so innocent.

"Oh, there you are!" exclaimed happily Fred and smiled, while Marley didn't look at him. "We were wondering where you are. Oh, come on! Are you still mad because of this mroning?"

"I'm not mad." replied quickly Marley. She wasn't really mad, she was just scared of them. The girl didn't want the twins to do something again to her. The effect of the spell had just passed and she was happy to be with her normal hair. Harry, Ron and Hermione just shared confused looks. "I just wanted to have lunch and write my homework. Far from you."

"But you have normal hair again. Why would you stay far from you favourite boys?" George stepped in the conversation with a charming smile and for a moment Marley's cheeks flushed a little but she shook her head.

"Who said you're my favourites?" she questioned with a smirk and focused again on her runic text. The lunch break was the only way she could write her Ancient Runes homework. And everything seemed to be going on well, until Harry's curiosity joined the chat.

"What happened? Why are you mad?"

"I'm not mad, Harry." Marley said with calm voice and even the twins looked surprised. Maybe they got used to that their friend will be mad at them until the end of the day or even the term. But it was just a potion for a different colour of the hair. And it lasts only for two hours. "I'm glad you haven't seen me while I had blue-purple hair during my double class with professor McGonagall. It happened in the morning. I don't know how but I won't trust them anymore."