↘︎ chapter thirty-one

31 | The Weasleys crashed into Dursley's home

It was Sunday. They had received a letter from Harry Potter telling them that he would be able to come to the World Cup. Today they were going to take him and it would happen in five o'clock. They were planning to travel with floo powder, as Arthur Weasley hoped it wouldn't scare the muggle family. But Marley Macmillan didn't care what the certain dumb muggles thought of her brother or about their wands, character and everything.

Yes, this boy turned out to be her half-brother because they both have one father but different mothers. And as Harry was the sensation, it was now written everywhere in Daily Prophet about her, her mother Brielle Macmillan, sometimes even and of her godmother and her son Noen Black, often in connection with Sirius Black, who was his father.

In the morning, Marley and the girls got up at eight instead of seven o'clock because they had been talking about girl stuff late at night. Both guests Marley and Hermione felt very uncomfortable, but Molly Weasley was such a good woman and reassured them, telling them that almost no one was awake from the boys. To make up for it, they helped Mrs. Weasley with breakfast more than was necessary. They even made a big part of it so she could rest. A little less the boys started to go down. Bill, Charlie and Ron were first, and then Percy came in, who seemed a little sleepy and tired.

Маrley had just served one of the dishes in the table when Fred and George Weasley came down the stairs still in their pyjamas. Like twins, they wore the same pyjamas consisting of tracksuit and a T-shirt. Fred wore navy blue one and George grey. While they were joining the others, George was just slipping on his T-shirt through his head. His red hair was ruffled and he just ran a quick and careless hand through it and Marley quickly looked away from him before noticing her.

But Ginny noticed her red cheeks and giggled.

"Something funny, Gin?" asked Bill with a smirk, who apparently heard her quiet giggle. Marrley pressed her lips in thin line. She was sitting next to George usually and this time wasn't an exception. Bill was standing near the front seat, where Arthur Weasley sat and reading the Daily Prophet newspaper. Bill's hair was long, too, and he had tied it in a ponytail, a earring hanging from one ear.

"Marley, they wrote again about you." sighed Arthur Weasley, nervously itching his chin. "Someone spread rumours you're coming to the World Cup. Oh, I hope there won't be any crazy journalists at our tents."

"I hope too." replied quietly Marley, annoyed from all the fame she was receiving. Who needed it? It's been at least two months since it was revealed that she was the daughter of James Potter and a mother and Brielle Macmillan was actually alive. But still, for Harry, though eleven years (a/n: due to the events in 1991) after the miracle that had happened to him, he was a sensation, and at least for a while, all the reporters stopped focusing on him, but on his half-sister instead.

"Wait, Percy, you're here?" suddenly asked Fred with a frown and a fraternal mocking grin. "I'm glad you left your room. Are you tired from your cauldrons already? Surely it is extremely boring to write about cauldrons with shallow bottoms, huh?"

"No, Fred." joined George with already red face from upcoming laughter. "Look, he's getting married to Mr. Crouch. He has to present a good report on how good the bottom cauldrons are so that he can say yes and live happily ever after."

They both burst out laughing and Marley choked on her pumpkin juice and was unable to stop laughing and coughing at the same time. Her face turned red, and Percy stared at the three of them with disapproval and anger.

"Not funny, George." cut him down Percy. He had graduated from Hogwarts last year and had recently started working at the Ministry. "Mr. Crouch is counting on me, and I promised him to submit the report on Monday. That is, tomorrow. And this is much earlier than predicted. And as a decent person, I'll do it."