↘︎ chapter thirteen

13 | The Burrow

A month into the summer, Marley Macmillan was coming down much faster than expected, and it seemed like a moment had passed, and she was already adjusting her luggage, because she would spend some time at the home of Fred and George Weasley, her best friends. A few days ago, she had received the long-awaited letter from George explaining to her (in a surprisingly kind tone that surprised Marley but assumed that Mrs. Weasley had made him to write it that way) that his father and the twins themselves would come to pick her up, and she just had to send him her address.

It took Marley a long time to talk to her mother about the address. Still, no one knew that she was actually alive except Noelle Black, her godmother and Noen Black, her son. For the Wizarding World she lived in complete isolation and rarely went outside. Noen did not want to come, for fear of his surname. Marley tried in vain to convince him, but Neon was rock solid.

Marley, however, had repeatedly considered the decision that she should tell Fred and George one day about her mother. Still, they had given her enough secrets, and she had told them absolutely nothing. Just because she herself knew almost nothing, but could share with them about Brielle Macmillan. Yet she would not offer it as an option to her mother because she would go crazy.

Marley had already packed her things in a smaller suitcase than the one she traveled with when she was going to Hogwarts. This year would be her third, and she would eventually have to choose what subjects she wanted to study. She chose Muggle Studies and Study for Ancient Runes. She didn't know if she had made a mistake, but she would find out soon enough.

"Marley Cornelia Macmillan!" shouted Brielle Macmillan from downstairs. "Drag your ass here! Arthur's going to be here in a couple of minutes."

Marley was sitting currently on the bed, but she quickly jumped from her soft bed, grabbing the suitcase and sketchbook. She had taken enough clothes, her pajamas, underwear, socks, her toothbrush and hairbrush, the sketchbook and her pencils, with one word everything she needed.

Marley went downstairs to the kitchen where her mother, godmother аnd Noen Black were. Noelle would be the one to said goodbye with her at the threshold, because no one had to see Brielle. Sometimes was even dangerous for the Muggles to see Marley's mother.

"I have some rules about you, honey." Brielle said firmly, drinking from her coffee. It was nine twenty-five in the morning and George had told her they'll arrive at nine and a half. That meant in five minutes. "Number one, act mannerly. Make them a good impression. No magic or pranks, no stupid actions by your side. Owl me if you need something and to tell me what's going on. If you want by the end of the month to receive your Hogwarts stuff, just owl me and I'll send Elara to give it to you."

"Okay, Mom," nodded Marley.

"Most important of every single rules. Your mother forgot it." added Noelle Black with a smirk. Her black soft and bright hair was up in a ponytail and she looked so young like that. "Have fun, Marley. It seemed like Brie thinks you're going in Siberia."

Both Marley and Noen burst into laughter, but Brielle only smiled hardly visible. Fire was burning in her green eyes. She wasn't in mood today. The thirteen-year-old girl just went to give her mother a goodbye kiss on the forehead, then hugged Noen. In that time, Marley noticed through the window a car headlights. Mr. Weasley and the twins had arrived.

Noelle just got outside, carrying Marley's luggage. She hugged her and Mr. Weasely got out of the car. "I'm happy to see you, Marley." he said and they shook hands. He shook with Noelle. "You two, Noelle."

"It's my pleasure." the black-haired woman replied. "Thank you for letting my goddaughter staying with you for a while. It was really kind."

The strange thing Marley noticed in Arthur Weasley was that he was talking with Noelle like a normal person. Like she wasn't Black. Because before marrying Sirius Black, her godmother had another surname. "Anyway, where is Noen? Isn't he coming?"