Chapter XI - Threat

3rd PERSON's POV

In our little detectives' offices.

"Nothing new?" Dahyun asked Chaeyoung who's busy with her computer, "Nope." Chaeyoung replied without looking at Dahyun, "What are you doing?" Dahyun asked, "Looking fo-" Chaeyoung got cut off by Dahyun when she saw Dahyun is standing beside her, "Stop playing games, CHAENG!" Dahyun shouted the last part, "Oh C'mon there's nothing else to do.." Chaeyoung cutely said and pouted.

"Let her be, Dub." Mina said and chuckled, "Oh C'mon.." Dahyun sighed and went back to her seat.

After a few minutes of silence, Jihyo entered the room with.

"We receive a report from someone unknown saying that someone is planning on assassinating Nayeon during her concert." Jihyo said as she sat down on the small sofa, "WHAT?!" Dahyun shouted, "It's not confirmd yet." Jihyo said, "I've called Nayeon's company and told them about the threat." Jihyo added.

"So, What will we do?" Mina asked, "I also told the higher ups about this and they want us four to protect Nayeon." Jihyo said, "The company agreed and also want us to be her guard during that important day." Jihyo said without looking at the three.

"But, We're not trained to protect someone! We're detectives!" Dahyun shouted and Jihyo gave her a death glare causing Dahyun to gulp, "Mina trained you for a week and that should be enough to protect someone's life." Jihyo said, "I also don't want you to hurt yourself but I don't have a choice but to obey the higher ups!" Jihyo shouted.

"Don't worry, They provided us with the things we need." Jihyo said, "That's all the information that you need to know, I'll take my leave now." Jihyo said as she stand up and left.

"Dub.. Don't worry, You'll do fine." Mina said while looking at Dahyun, "I hope so..." Dahyun mumbled, "Just be cautious about your surroundings." Mina said and Dahyun nodded.

"I'll go buy something real quick." Dahyun said as she stand up and grab her coat, "Be careful, Bro." Chaeyoung said, Dahyun wore her coat since it's still cold outside.

Dahyun decided to listen to some music so she wore her headset, "I should actually buy something.." Dahyun mumbled and chuckled, "It was a stupid idea to eat ice cream when it's freaking freezing yesterday." Dahyun mumbled again.

Dahyun went to a convenience store and bought her favorite chocopie, She exited the convenience store with a plastic full of chocopies.

"After this mission.. It would be nice to spend time in another country." Dahyun mumbled, "If I'm still alive by the end of it." Dahyun said and chuckled.

She arrived back at the HQ (I'll just call it HQ.), When she entered their office, she was greeted with Chaeyoung shouting, "Jihyo was looking for you!".

"Oh, I'll go to her office then." Dahyun said and immediately went to Jihyo's office.

Dahyun entered Jihyo's office and saluted, "You're looking for me?" Dahyun asked, "Can you visit Nayeon's Company?" Jihyo asked while looking at Dahyun, "Sure.. JYPE right?" Dahyun asked and Jihyo nodded.

"When?" Dahyun asked, "Tomorrow, No specific time." Jihyo said, "Is that all?" Dahyun asked Jihyo, "Yes, You're dismissed." Jihyo said and smiled, "Be careful always, Dub." Jihyo added.

Dahyun bowed and left Jihyo's office.

Dahyun went back to their office and sat down on her seat, "So, What was it about?" Mina asked, "Oh, I need to visit JYPE tomorrow." Dahyun answered, "Is that all?" Mina asked, "Yep." Dahyun replied.

-

TIMESKIP : The next day, Outside JYP Entertainment.

"This is huge.." Dahyun said while staring at the huge building, She approached the entrance and the guard stopped her from entering, "Name." The person guarding the entrance said, "Kim Dahyun." Dahyun said, "Kim.. Dahyun.." The guard mumbled while looking for Dahyun's name.

"Approach the person in the reception, He will give you a temporary ID and He will lead you to JYP's Office." The guard said, and Dahyun nodded.

Dahyun went inside and approached the person in the reception, "Hello.." Dahyun said and bowed, "You must be Kim Dahyun." The person said, "Here's your temporary ID." The person added and gave Dahyun a temporary ID.

"Follow me, I'll lead you to JYP's Office." The person said, "Oh and my name is Yeosang." The person named Yeosang added and smiled.

Dahyun followed Yeosang to JYP's Office.

"We're here." Yeosang said as he open the door to JYP's Office, "Good Morning, Sir." Yeosang said and bowed, "Kim Dahyun is with me, Sir." Yeosang said, "Thank you, Yeosang." JYP said, "You may take your leave now." JYP added, Yeosang bowed and left.

"Nice to meet you, Sir." Dahyun said and bowed, "Take a seat." JYP said calmly, Dahyun obeyed and sat immediately sat down in front of JYP.

"I asked you to come here to tell you something important." JYP said calmly and immediately turned to serious, "I want you to be near Nayeon all the time tomorrow." JYP said, "You'll be near the stage, I'll give you permission to go up stage if something bad is going to happen." JYP added.

"Protect my artist the best you can." JYP said while staring at Dahyun, "Please.." JYP added, "I promise I will protect your artist, Sir." Dahyun replied, "I will do my best." Dahyun added and smiled, "Thank you." JYP said and smiled.

"Nayeon is looking for you, She's currently practicing in her practice room." JYP said and chuckled, "Yeosang will lead you there." JYP added and then called Yeosang that is currently outside.

"Yeosang, Can you lead Dahyun to Nayeon's practice room?" JYP asked Yeosang who's standing near the door, "Sure, sir." Yeosang answered, "We will take our leave now." Dahyun said and bowed, Yeosang did the same and left the room with Dahyun following him.

-

Dahyun and Yeosang arrived outside Nayeon's practice room, "We are here, You can go inside, I'll go back to my area." Yeosang said and bowed, "Thank you." Dahyun replied and bowed, Yeosang left and Dahyun slowly opened the door.

Dahyun saw Nayeon sitting down in the floor, Exhausted.

"Hey Nabongs." Dahyun greeted Nayeon who averted her gaze to Dahyun while drinking water from her water bottle, "Hey Dub!" Nayeon shouted and immediately stood up, "Oh.." Dahyun mumbled while looking Nayeon who is drenched in her sweat.

"Hey.. Dahyun!" Nayeon said causing Dahyun to get back to her senses, "O- Oh.." Dahyun stuttered, "Can we sing "You were beautiful" together?" Nayeon asked, "But.. I'm not a good singer..." Dahyun said obviously trying to escape, "Please.." Nayeon asked cutely and then pouted, "I'll sing when the right time comes." Dahyu said, "Fine.." Nayeon replied while acting mad causing Dahyun to chuckle.

"I hope nothing bad happens tomorrow.." Nayeon mumbled loudly, "We promise we will protect you, Don't worry." Dahyun said with a assuring smile, "Thanks.." Nayeon mumbled.

"I made this, Memorize your parts." Nayeon said as she gave Dahyun a paper, "Why do I need to memorize this..?" Dahyun asked while looking at the paper, "Just memorize it." Nayeon said and smiled, "O- Okay.." Dahyun replied.

-

After Dahyun watched Nayeon practice for an hour, Nayeon told Dahyun to go back home and rest.

"Goodluck, Nabongs.." Dahyun said and smiled, "Do you best." Dahyun added, "Thanks." Nayeon replied and smiled, Dahyun bowed and bid goodbye to Nayeon, And before leaving Nayeon hugged Dahyun.

"Be careful." Nayeon said as she kiss Dahyun's cheek.

Oof.

This chapter is kinda.. boring. . While I was continuing this chapter (an hour before I posted this chapter) I thought this was gonna be for tomorrow's update.. and then I realized it's for today... fp..

- M