Yandere Dark

Perhaps it was the Damien within him, the fragment left of the man who used to be Mayor. Or perhaps it was the Celine, ever so passionate and obscure with her interests.

But Dark...he was obsessed with you.

It was unclear even to him how you became his fixation. The separate sides of him have never...agreed on something so fiercely as this. They may know it was wrong, following you as he has. But Dark either didn’t know...or didn’t care.

You were a lifeline. The light to his never-ending darkness. You made him whole.

You just didn’t know it yet.

You found it odd how the same, well-dressed man seemed to be wherever you were. You would think it stalking we’re here not always preoccupied with something or someone else.

It was a relatively small town, after all. Running into the same person so often wasn’t uncommon. Perhaps he caught your eye? He was well dressed to be sure, and handsome above that.

You began to ignore your frequent run-ins. Surely they were coincidence...right?

Let it be known...if he didn’t want you to see him, you wouldn’t. You would never know he was even there.

But that isn’t what he wants.

Dark sits in the corner of every coffee shop you go to, glancing at items in every grocery store you stop at, and sitting in the same bus you take to work every day.

He’s an active part of your life rather you realize it or not.

It had only been a month or so of him appearing all around you, sometimes multiple times a day. You’d think him a phantom if not for the people that would often engage with him in public places.

He had been following you for almost a year. How foolish of you to have not noticed...but no matter. At first, he hadn’t wanted you to see him.

Knowing anything and everything about you was one of his life’s few joys. A solace in his boring life. From what shampoo you use to how long you take to get out of bed in the morning. He wants to know it all. And rest assured, he would.

He has spent all year getting ready. For today. Nearly one year after he first began his adventure, and he was almost sad to see it end. Almost.

Having you by his side was far more important than learning about you from a distance. It won’t be long now.

You’ve come to expect the man in the suit to be where you intended to go. You were almost...unnerved when he wasn’t. He was like a secret guardian. Since he started appearing in your life, the times in which a stranger would bother you, or you would trip and fall coming out of the coffee shop with the slanted entryway grew few and far between.

It was only natural for you to feel on edge when your secret good luck charm was missing when you got on the bus today.

You spent the rest of the day looking for him. Not overtly, as you had prior commitments. But the day seemed...off. Something was wrong.

This was exactly what he had spent the last year preparing for. You were dependent on him, and you didn’t even know it. He had never harmed you, even helping you up when you had fallen on numerous occasions. You didn’t even know his name.

You would learn.

With a sigh, you lean against the window of the bus as you recalled the moments of the day where you thought you had seen him, only for it to be a shadow or lamp post. Was it wrong to miss the presence of a stranger? You pondered this, looking out the window for any sign of your mysterious man in black.

“Hello, darling.”

You turned around with a start, seeing the very man you were looking for seated right next to you! How had you not noticed him get on the bus? And how could he have snuck into the seat next to you so quietly…

You blinked over at him, realizing you had never replied to his introduction. “Oh...Uh...hello!”

Words were lost on you, but the man didn’t seem to mind.

“Dark.”

Tilting your head at him, you looked back outside to the setting sun. “Oh! Yes, I suppose it will be getting dark soon.”

A blush crept its way onto your face when the man chuckled. You found the sound to be...soothing. As if you were clinging to his every last word, or even noise at this point. You couldn’t find it in yourself to look away from his face.

“No, darling...my name. My name is Dark.” He reaches over, placing a finger on your reddening cheeks. “My dear...you look cold. Let’s get you home.”

The man, who you now know as Dark, reaches out a hand for your own.

You have it to him.

Not stopping to question the absurdity of his name, you laced your fingers with his own and smiled. He smiled back, though you could barely see it. You couldn’t look away from his eyes, and you didn’t want to. His beautiful...mismatched eyes. Red was such a pretty color...and the blue shone so bright. They were such beautiful eye colors on him.

You didn’t question the color either.

Dark stood, helping you up as well and pulling you to his side.

This wasn’t your stop.

He looked to your entranced state, vowing it to be the first and last time he had to use his powers over you just for compliance. But it was now or never. It was almost as if today was your one year anniversary and all. It was a special day for both of you.

You let the stranger lead you off the bus, into an area that you had never seen before...and you smiled.

You never went home again. But that’s alright, you have a new home now. With this beautiful stranger…no...stranger isn’t the right word. You loved him. He knows it too, even if you don’t. And you always will.