Pain

*Year:1991*

*Russia*

Tiana's POV:

Natalia and I had grown accustomed to the 'boarding school'. 

I don't remember that many details of how I got here. It's all..fuzzy. Lately, I have trouble remembering a lot of things.

Since we are first years, we learn a lot about our culture and of Hydra. We learn to speak and write fluent Russian and each couple months, we learn a new language. The first thing we learn how to write is our name.

Everyday I have to scrawl out 'Tiana Romanova'. I don't remember that ever being my last name nor do I remember Natalia's being Natalia but I learned quickly not to ask about it.

Every girl in the school is given a weird serum every month and I hate it. It makes my arm itch and burn from the liquid but I'm not allowed to fight the doctors giving it to me. Any girl who does gets punished.

They don't tell us younger kids what it does and said they will when we 'come of age' but I don't understand what it means.

Natalia and I don't get any of it; the fuzzy memory, the serum every month, the names we have that don't sound like they are ours but are told they are and always were.

But like I said, we learned our lesson not to ask.

<><><><><><><><><>

*Present Day: America"

"Sister?" asked Steve.

By this point, I had no idea what to do.

You have trained years and years for this, Tiana. How could you give up so easily? You're a failure to HYDRA! I told myself.

I didn't want to give in.

I stepped backward, out of Natalia's hands. 

She isn't your sister anymore She's a disgrace to the Romanova name. A disgrace to HYDRA. Kill them.

She looked confused as she looked into my eyes.

"You aren't my sister. You aren't a Romanova. You're just a disgrace." I repeated the words being told to me from inside my head.

"Tiana? What are you talking about? What did they do?" she asked, with fear in her eyes.

"They didn't do anything." I spat.  "Why would you even care?" I laughed sarcastically. "If you cared, you would have never left."

She looked deeply hurt. "Let me explain."

"Explain what? Explain what your escape plans were? Nothing has an excuse for what you did. You brought shame upon our family name. My family name."

"Ok, what the fuck is going on here." demanded the darker man with the eye patch. "We don't have time for a family reunion." 

I had had enough of their bullshit and wanted them dead. I only listened to the part of me (that didn't sound like me) by this point that wanted them dead and drowned out then good part of me.

I pressed the button on my earpiece to immediately notify Hydra staff of my situation.

"I have eyes on the threat. Requesting backup." I said.

Natalia looked shocked. "What did you just do?" she asked, horrified.

"Getting my revenge." I spoke. My voice didn't sound like mine. It sounded like the one telling me to do these things inside my head. I grabbed out the silver and white handled gun from my pocket and pointed it at Tony Stark.

"Put it down, Tiana." said Steve.

I shifted the gun toward the spangly outfitted man. I saw other guns pointed at me but I wasn't worried about it.

I heard the door open behind me and I turned around quickly to point my gun at the new approacher's head but a millisecond before it did, I felt a burning, searing pain in my abdomen. I, Tiana Romanova, had been shot.

I failed my mission.