Blue

*Tiana's POV:*

*Present Time*

"Soldier!" yelled the director.

I didn't answer but stood in position to receive orders.

"Lay there." he ordered. He pointed to a metal table thing but it was about in a 90 degree angle. I leaned my body against it and waited.

A doctor strapped and waist, wrists, and legs to it as I sat patiently. In the corner, I spotted another soldier. They called him the Winter Soldier.

He stared with solemn eyes with a hint of an emotion of some kind. I wasn't the best with emotions. Well I'm not really even supposed to show  or feel emotions anyways but he had...sympathy?

No. A soldier would never feel sympathy. Even if we did, why'd he show sympathy to me?

"Stay still." the doctor said sternly. He looked to the director. "I'm positive the serum won't fail this time." he said to him.

He stuck a needle into my arm and a strange blue liquid filled my veins. I sat there for a while, feeling the warm and cold sensations of the blue liquid.

When it was gone, they made me lay on a bed, once again strapping me down. I felt weird, strange. My body was burning and it felt like it was being shredded to pieces.

I couldn't help but scream out in pain. I knew I'd be in trouble for screaming but strangely, the director didn't do anything. No matter how hurt we are, they've taught us to never show weakness.

Instead he watched me with curious eyes.

Another huge wave hit of pain and I screamed while struggling against my restraints.

----

When the pain was over, my body felt different.

Stronger.

Powerful.

I felt like I could do anything without fail.

They called forth The Winter Soldier and made us fight. I lunged at him and took him down in one, swift hit. I composed myself and stood straight. I looked to the director and he smiled evilly.

"Surely, you won't fail me this time. I still have hope in you."

Sorry it's a short chapter :/