Repeat

"I still have hope in you."

What does that mean?

He looked to the Winter Soldier. "Both of you will be assigned the Avengers case. You take them down and go. We don't want a repeat."

Repeat?

"Yes, Sir." we said in unison. We were handed a folder and, together, we left.

-----

I was in America. It was a place I had never been before. I think. Being here felt strange and familiar. The Soldier and I got a hotel room and, like always, there were undercover HYDRA agents working there. Our hotel room was filled with supplies to accommodate us both along with a few extra weapons.

They always had a few HYDRA agents as hotel room maids to stock our room beforehand so we didn't have to suspiciously buy clothes and weapons or pack a bunch of stuff with us.

Instead of a single bed, there were two and the room was slightly larger.

Without speaking to each other, we readied our things and got to bed. Though I didn't sleep much. I never do. My head, tonight, was filled of the thoughts of the director and what he said. I pondered it for a long time before finally falling asleep.

--

I awoke at 7 o'clock sharp without and alarm clock or anything. It was a routine I followed since what felt like birth.

The soldier, however, was still asleep. He was, very obviously, trained differently since my academy was for only girls and all.

I rolled my eyes at his sleeping figure and made my way to the bathroom to shower and ready myself for the day.

When I was done, I slipped on an outfit I found in a drawer. I guessed it to be what was called a 'New York aesthetic' but I don't know. It was ripped, black jeans with a black and white striped crop top and windbreaker. Never had I worn clothes like this in my life.

I put on black "Vans" , whatever that means, and braided my hair on my shoulder loosely, something we'd do after a long day of ballet and our heads ached from wearing tight buns. A couple strands lay on my face.

By this point, the Soldier began to stir and open his eyes.

"Well, finally." I muttered.

--

"I'm too impatient for observations." said Winter Soldier.

I groaned. "Your instructor must have been very bad if you ended up like this."

"I didn't have an instructor."

"You never went to an academy?"

"No."he said.

"No wonder." I muttered.

He was going against me in trying to wait and observe out targets. He thought it was best to attack and nothing else.

"It's simple. Plan the attack. Get in. get out." he explained.

"I don't like your judgement." I said.

He laughed. "Well you're gonna have to work with me on this or else we'll have another.. accident."

"Accident?"

"Oh, nothing. You won't remember it anyway."

I rolled my eyes and sipped my coffee. We were walking down a sidewalk somewhere in New York. I really didn't know where. There was a park nearby and large buildings.