Part 11

After taking a break you decided you'd do what's best for you and finally go challenge the gym. You grabbed your bag and items, taking them with you to the gym, walking in.

You walked up to the receptionist and changed into your clothes in the changing room. There inside the gym you were already greeted with friends and... Kabu?

"Kabu..? What are you doing here?" You asked.

The old man stared at you and waved his finger.

"As your objective today, you will be catching  or fighting 3 fire type pokemon. It doesn't matter to each result as long as you get 3 of them. After that you will be facing me." Kabu crossed his arms.

"That sounds like.... Such an easy challenge." You looked at Kabu in confusion.

"Easy you say? This will get hard." Kabu smiled.

You laughed a little, you couldn't help laugh at what Kabu said. You stepped in the grass running around and found yourself a Vulpix, deciding whether to defeat it or not, you sent out Drizzile.

"I might as well catch this one..." You thought in your head.

Before you would catch it, you weanked it with your Drizzile and threw a pokeball. You managed to catch the Vulpix.

"Great job, try to pass through more of them." Kabu smirked.

You nodded as you looked around the grass looking for another pokemon. Not a single pokemon would show up.

"Are you kidding me?" You sighed deeply.

"Here I thought you said it was easy." Kabu smiled.

You continued to search for a pokemon until you saw one walk around. You quickly ran to it to find another Vulpix. You defeated it after that.

"Great job! Now you just need one more to pass!" Kabu nodded.

You ran to look for more pokemon but once again there was no pokemon. Kabu made this time wasting for you, you assumed.

You looked over at Kabu and started small talk

"Hey Kabu, what made you want to become a gym leader?" You questioned Kabu.

"Well, back then I was just questioning myself too. I wanted to feel a fiery passion and one day I was able to feel it with a fierce battle." Kabu nodded.

"Then... Will our battle motivate that fiery passion you have within you?" You asked.

Kabu closed his eyes, not responding to what you said until he opened his eyes and said

"I expect much from you, endorsed trainer."

You heard the sounds of grass rustle running to the grass and finally defeating the last pokemon.

"Not bad, not bad I say endorsed trainer." Kabu looked at you with a serious face.

"Come with me, let us prove our flaming battle together." Kabu asked.

Kabu had both of you seperate to make a grand entrance, you walked in at the same time Kabu did as he stared at you.

"The flames.... Do you feel it? It's like feeling that flames of Charizard. This battle will get heated up!" Kabu said as he threw his pokeball.

He sent out a Ninetales.

You sent out your Drizzile feeling confident for this battle. You also noticed your wishing star glowed.

"Nintales! Use flame thrower!" Kabu yelled.

What is Kabu thinking facing against a water type like that?

You smiled and yelled "Drizzile use water pulse!" Drizzile listened attacking the Ninetales, defeating its first opponent.

"Type match up, not bad. Can't say I'm impressed. The flame rises up on your side Y/N." Kabu grabbed his pokeball and made Ninetales return only to send out Arcanine.

"This is pretty easy..." You thought in your head.

"Arcanine! Use flame burst!" Kabu yelled.

Your Drizzile avoided the opponents move.

Your Drizzile used water pulse again defeating the Arcanine.

"I'm down to one pokemon, to think this would be the easiest gym for you because you chose a water type... Let's see if you'll survive my Centisroach!" Kabu threw out his pokeball.

Before you would dynamax Drizzile you healed him up and sent him back inside his pokeball. You threw your giant pokeball over to reveal a giant Drizzile on the stadium.

The crowd was cheering for both you and Kabu.

Kabu sent his Centisroach into a pokeball dynamaxing his pokemon. Centisroach looked small even at this height.

"Drizzile! Use Max Geyser!" You yelled.

Drizzile used Max Geyser on the Centisroach, now causing it to rain on the stadium.

The Centisroach survived but seemed weak as it used eternal flames on your pokemon.

The sunlight began to turn harsh.

You went for another Max Geyser on Kabu's Centisroach causing the pokemon to faint and the stadium to once again rain.

Your Drizzile turned into the small pokemon you know and love.

Kabu looked disappointed but a smile came across his face.

"You really did send this battle to flames!" Kabu crossed his arms.

You cheered on for you and your Drizzile.

Kabu walked up to and smiled.

"I've never had the most fierce battle until now. And for that I thank you for bringing the young out of me." Kabu nodded.

You took your fire type gym badge, changed out of your gym uniform putting your clothes back on in the changing room and walked out.

It was then you heard someone yell

"Wait!!" A voice said.

You turned around to see Kabu breathing heavily.

"I may be old but I still have the energy in me." Kabu smiled, as he took out his league card.

"I want you to have this." Kabu handed you over his league card.

"Thank you." You smiled.

"Off to the ghost or fighting type gym already I see? I'm proud." Kabu pat you on the shoulder and after that left.

"Y/N hey!!!" You heard familiar voice call out to you.

You looked and saw it was Hop coming your way.

"Hey Hop, it's been a while." You said.

"Well yeah, I've already defeated the fire type gym leader! I'm just waiting on you so we can head to Hammerlocke!" Hop smiled.

"Oh, really now... Give me a break. I'm exhausted from a battle..." You sighed.

"Then do you want to stay in the hotel before departing?" Hop smiled.

"Sure thing." You nodded in agreement.

"Oh! Lee asked me to give you this!" Hop took out an envelope.

Hop handed you the envelope.

"Anyways let's go! I could use some food right about now!" Hop ran to the hotel.

As usual you were the slow one, holding on to the envelope you chased after Hop.