Part 14

You arrived at Hammerlocke, exhausted from walking too much.

"That was a long walk, right Umbreon?" You heavily sighed.

Umbreon nodded.

"Y/N is that you?!" You heard a familiar voice call out to you.

You turned around and saw Leon behind you with a huge grin on his face.

You pretended to not hear him and continued to walk off but he caught up to you, putting his hand behind your back.

"C-Can I help you...?" You asked.

"Hey... What's wrong? You don't seem happy this time." Leon asked.

"Nothing! I just feel sick!" You faked a cough.

"Nice try Y/N, Hop used to do that with me all the time." Leon laughed.

What can you do to get away from him, you felt your heart skip a beat as he stood around you.

Leon's Charizard came close to you asking you to pet it.

"N-No Charizard." You mumbled.

The Charizard looked at you in confusion.

"Hey Leon, I gotta go.." You said trying to make an excuse just to get away.

Leon grabbed your hand.

"Alright, what's going on with you. Why are you trying to get away quickly? Did you and Hop fight?" Leon asked, his tone sounding serious this time.

"Let go of me...!" You tried to push Leon away from you, it hurt you doing that.

Leon stared at you with widened eyes.

"Do... Do you hate me??" Leon asked, his tone in his voice sounded sad.

You didn't say anything but stare at Leon as he stared at you. Leon seemed upset.

"You're... You're annoying! I hate you! I really do!" You yelled as you ran away, hopping on your bike and heading to the next gym. The ghost type gym leader.

-------------------------
~~Leon's pov~~

I felt my heart pound as my face went from happy to upset. What even happened that caused her to hate me all of a sudden...?

"Ouch...." I heard a familiar voice call out.

I saw Raihan from a distance, he seemed disappointed in me.

"What did you do Leon?" Raihan asked, crossing his arms as he walked towards me.

"I don't really know... But I feel really upset."

"Wanna talk about it...?" Raihan asked.

"... Fine." I said walking with Raihan into a room inside the palace.

Sometimes I get jealous that Raihan has the big space where he gets to sleep in.

"What happened? Don't feel bad to tell me what mistake you did Leon." Raihan smiled.

"I don't know... I came up to her and all of a sudden she acted like this." I sighed deeply.

"Could be that you did something. You never know what you could've possibly done without asking." Raihan said.

"Come to think of it I didn't see Hop either." I sighed.

"Found this on the ground when she ran away." Raihan handed over an envelope to me.

I opened it to see pictures of me and Sonia and the letter I was going to give to her long ago. My face turned red.

"YOU'RE SO STUPID LEON!!" Raihan laughed

"Shut up, this was long ago..." I sighed.

"But who would do such a thing.. I don't recall anyone knowing where I placed such a thing." I looked at Raihan.

"Don't know.. Hey Leo it sounds like to me as if you have a crush on Y/N." Raihan smirked.

My face turned red.

"W-What! No way! She's an endorsed trainer and my number 1 fan... I..." I crossed my arms looking away as sweat poured down my head.

"So it's true... Admit it Leon." Raihan kept teasing.

"It's hard to hide things from you..." I looked down.

"Really??! Since when?!" Raihan asked in excitement.

"Well, I saw her as a friendo of Hop's and my dear friend too. I began to take notice of not only her kindness but how cute she seemed and well..." I couldn't continue to say more.

"And you...?" Raihan smirked.

"I.... I'm in love with her, I really am with all my heart and everything." I felt a smile on my face form.

"Congratulations Lee! Where's the wedding! I'm proud of you for saying that!" Raihan punched me in the arm softly.

"Raihan! It's not like that!" I looked away.

"You know Leo, if you're in love with Y/N you should find the courage to say you're sorry for whatever you did and then tell her that you really feel for her." Raihan crossed his arms.

"I don't know, she's mad at me and it's too sudden..." I looked at Raihan.

Raihan stood up with a smile on his face and said

"If you don't fess up and tell her how you feel then I'm going to steal her from you and make her my girlfriend before you can." Raihan said.

"But Raihan, how will our relationship be so? I'm the champion and she's a trainer." I looked away.

I didn't get any response and saw Raihan leave, are you kidding? He's not pulling my leg on this one..

"Raihan....!" I yelled as I tried to find my way out of this huge palace.

I keep forgetting that I always get lost and I rely on Hop or Charizard to help me out on this. It's been a habit ever since I was a child or even teenager taking the gym challenge. Last time I was completely lost on whether to go to Motostoke or Hammerlocke.

-------------------------------
~~Y/N's pov~~

You took a deep breath as you finally arrived on Stow-on-Side. You regretted saying awful things to Leon but then it was that you... Felt your heart race. Seeing Leon again made you nervous but then again that whole letter.

You still can't love someone who loves someone else. It's like being the third wheel in a relationship. Though your feelings for Leon remained in your heart you can't fall in love with him.

You'd have to get over him right away.

You stepped into the next gym, awaiting your next battle. You had to choose between the ghost type gym leader or the fighting type.

Since ghost type pokemon used to be either interesting or scary to you, you chose the ghost type gym leader. In which they had prepared everything.

You changed into your gym uniform, heading to your next battle, the ghost type gym.