Part 13

~~Hop's pov~~

I peeked a bit into Y/N, I know I shouldn't be but... I want to see her. I saw her looking out the balcony, hands on the curtain. It looked very out of the ordinary.

"Did she see the letter?" I began to think in my head..

Y/N turned around, I quickly booked it and hid on the side so she wouldn't see me. I made sure to peek a little and her face seemed to be not the happy Y/N she'd always be.

The one who'd talk about Lee and how she'd want to be in love with him or something. Yes I knew those signs, isn't it obvious? I recognized those signs long ago when we used to play together.

When Lee left and didn't return because he became awfully busy and stuck up with his journey I developed feelings for Y/N. He was right as he said Y/N was, "cute".

Although I tried to get her away from the thoughts of Lee. She would ask about Lee and would feel absolutely lonely. No Charmeleon or Lee to be around. Since I was around I'd play with her and we'd have fun.

It wasn't until that incident that caused her to stop talking to me...

----------------------------
~~Hop's pov, continuation~~

"Y/N, why do you like Lee so much?" I asked Y/N, curious as to why.

"Not telling! It's a secret!" Y/N smirked.

"I just want to know why, what's so special about him?" I asked more, seeming to press her against answering my questions.

"Leon is a very kind person, remember when he invited me to play with you guys? I would've never been here if it hadn't been for here. He's quite a charming guy." Y/N smiled.

"Am I charming?" I asked with a slight blush on my face.

Y/N looked at me with a confused face and laughed.

"You're cute." Y/N answered back.

I slammed my hand against the wall and leaned in for a kiss, this one was my first time too. I kissed Y/N and when I saw her reaction was the worst thing.

Her eyes widened in surprise.

"Um..." I looked down.

I heard sniffling sounds coming from Y/N as I saw tears run down her face. She's.... Crying..? What happened??

She didn't say anything but walked away from me, I tried to chase after her but when I did she was already gone.

What have I done...? After that I expected her to return but she never did. Ever since then I've been angry and jealous of her close relationship with Lee. I'm sure she doesn't remember but I most certainly do.

I wish I shouldn't have done what I did and take it back. I just wanted to be loved back or loved by someone. I also regret.

That's why I dug upon Lee's drawer to find those things. It sounds crazy as to why I would do that but. I don't want Y/N to love Lee because he loves Sonia and I've seen the signs already. It'll be hard to get over rejection.

-----------------------------
~~Hop's pov, continuation~~

I walked in to see her look at me in surprise.

"H-Hop! I didn't expect you to come in! At least knock you almost scared me!" Y/N looked shocked.

"Heh, I'm sorry! I'll make sure to knock next time!" I smiled.

~~Y/N's pov~~

Now that you thought about it Hop always seemed to be positive or at least happy.

"Hey Hop, you want to start heading out now?" You asked.

"Let's take a small break, why don't we rest before heading out. Let's order some pokemon pizza!" Hop pulled out his Rotomphone.

"Sounds good!" You agreed.

You didn't want to prove or show Hop you were upset or anything so you tried to forget.

The pokemon pizza came in as you dug in with Hop and your pokemon as well as his pokemon.

"I miss my mum's cooking..." Hop sighed.

"I miss my mum and her cooking." You laughed.

"Hey Y/N, what are you going to do after you become champion? Just a question I want to know." Hop asked.

"I don't really know... I feel like dropping out of the challenge." You looked down.

"What why?! Don't you want to impress Lee?!" Hop yelled.

Lee.... When he mentioned Leon you felt upset.

"Well you know, what if the challenge isn't for me." You slightly smiled.

"Are you kidding me?! Don't quit Y/N! Whatever you're going through right now don't let it take over! Please don't quit!" Hop put his hands on your shoulder.

Your eyes widened as you looked at Hop.

"Guess it's worth giving a shot still." You nodded.

Hop smiled cheerfully.

"Alright!" Hop grabbed your hand softly.

"Let's start heading out now! Night time could approach us!" Hop nodded.

You were dragged back out with Hop outside of Motostoke to travel to Hammerlocke.

Hop still held your hand not letting go as you both left Motostoke except...

Bede was outside, it seemed to be raining outside.

"Bede? how long were you out here for?" You asked.

"Enough to show this off." Bede showed off his fire type gym badge.

"I want a battle and I'm going to get one whether you two say no. Starting with you Y/N!" Bede pointed at you.

"Hey! Leave her out of this jerk! How about to I defeat you to prove I'm stronger!" Hop smirked.

"You shut your mouth, I am endorsed by Chairman Rose how dare you speak to your superior like that!" Bede threw out his pokeballs.

"Go without me Y/N, I gotta teach this jerk a lesson." Hop let go of your hand.

You nodded as you began to head straight towards Hammerlocke.

You felt one of your pokeballs shake as it turned night and the rain poured down.

You threw your pokeball out and it was your Eevee.

It began to evolve in front of you at this moment. When you saw the Eevee it was now an Umbreon except the glowing light coming from it's head and tail were blue.

"Shiny Umbreon...?" You questioned as you touched your now evolved Eevee.

Umbreon closed his eyes, feeling the comfort from you petting it.

You walked to Hammerlocke with Umbreon. This was a good thing for you.