The Hardest Part of This

A/n: yeye I'm back and intense internal guilt for not being able to finish certain chapters of pre-existing stories. It is SAD but on we press into this book, I hope y'all enjoyed the first chapter. Please comment and let me know- Vamp

(Y/n's) pov

After a good hour of sleeping in I could feel the tight grip of a hand in my hair, it was slowly pulling away from me and there was another on the back of my over-sized sleeping shirt. This was fine, maybe Frank was just cuddling me, but suddenly I was yeeted! Yanked by my (y/h/c), (y/h/t) hair into the wall. I hit my head very hard on the wall and awoke. "Ah shit! What the fuck Frankie?!" His hand still tangled in my head I turned to see one of the most terrifying things I've ever seen in my life.

Frank was sinking into the corner of the room, being pulled away by a dark winged figure, as it's long nimble fingers drug him away, "(Y/n)...please help...", he whimpered looking weak. He had a hand on my bed sheets gripping them with what little strength he had. I screamed, "Holy shit Frank!" I lean over my bed and try to grab onto him, but he's weak and his form is more hollow than ever my hand almost goes through him, but I catch the back of his green jacket. I pulled at him and called for grandma, she probably wasn't awake but I needed her help. I knew she had some sort of spell for this. "Granny! Mom!...fuck it..." I gave up screaming and decided to do a spell my sister made me learn.

I let go of Frank and he looks horrified as he falls, I quickly shout, "Mors eamus hincsi in lumine!" With that, I accidentally threw Frank into the wall, and the thing in the corner of my room was gone. I sent it hissing into the floor, thank god I knew a bit of Latin.

I ran from my bed to tend to Frank, "Frankie...Frank are you okay? Oh god please be okay," he lifts his head and shakes it. "Good work kiddo, but next time say it at a reasonable volume." He gets up and sits down cross legged, "Thank you for helping me, I didn't mean to pull your hair like that." I nod, "So that scared the shit out of me, what was that?" He shakes his head, just then a low rumble filled the house. "Um...maybe let's get out of this room. I don't think we should talk about it here." Frank said with a look and of fear in his eyes. I nod and we quickly leave to the kitchen.

Down stairs we sit at the table, we sat. We sat in a shaking silence, the house still shook lightly. Frank looked absolutely petrified, he shook his head and put his hands together like he was praying. Soon my grandma glides her way into the kitchen, she always had an elegant air about herself that made her look like she was gliding. I didn't know if it was the magic or whether she was just that graceful she quietly sat at the kitchen table. She looked at Frank and I with a playful smirk on her face.

Another thing I couldn't tell if it was magic or not was the way her face wasn't wrinkled at the age of 76. She was kind of pale compared to her younger day, and her long hair had been cut into a short pixie cut but she looked a solid 41. She tapped her fingers on the table rhythmically, "So you learned a spell?" She smiled brightly. I nodded, "Only one I need, and it's only for his sake," I pointed to Frank, he relaxed now and so did I. "Oh I know, but the way you shouted it with such vigor! Oh such conviction in your voice! Baby, you were born for this. My mother was a seer, your mother is a seer, your sister is a seer, and you, you've got the witch gene." She lit a cigarette and put it to her lips. "Granny I don't want to be a witch. I can already see ghost and I'm already clairvoyant. Can't I just leave it there?" I ask, walking over to the coffee pot.

I needed coffee. In all forms and at all times it was my lifeblood. "I don't think it's healthy for someone in our family to just "leave it there", and quite frankly sweetheart I think you just wanna rebel." My grandma hit the nail on the head. I say nothing. I make three cups, I always forget Frank can't drink. I set the three down anyway, someone will drink it later.