New Books, New Worries

A/n: please keep reading y'all I'm loosing hope and the more I feel I haven't written a good book I really be crying over this fuckin book. I just wanna be good.- Vamp

(Y/n's) p.o.v

So the walk home is silent after that, seems without telling me everyone knows about this thing we're doing for Frank. I didn't want to sound like a selfish child, but when it comes to him I am one. He's my best friend, he's my ghost, and if anyone should know about his well-fair it's me! Enraged voices in my head screamed at me as we made it into the house. I didn't want to be there at all. To much anger and frustration in me to deal with my family. I hate that I carry so much anger.

Me: I'm enraged. can I stay at yours tonight?

fro fro: what happened, I'll sneak you in

Me: no one tells me anything

fro fro: oh?

With that I put my phone on my bed, I focus on a bag I was busy packing, I usually left the house when I was angry. In a house full of empaths it was hard to just feeling things alone, I didn't mind that they cared. It was the fact that I couldn't cry alone. I needed to process, and they wouldn't let me if they could feel me. "You know I was gonna tell you." I hear from the door way, grandma stood there. I looked away from her, her eyes were to much, I'd scream if this turned into an argument. I never wanted to argue with grandma or mom, but sometimes it just happened.

"I know granny, what's going on?" I ask trying to sound calm, I wanted to break glass. "Well Frank asked me for help, he restless and he's tired. He's been in the attic trying to find something to do." She lights a cigarette, "He's not done on this earth, and he doesn't want to be done. He wants to stay here because of you." She sat on my bed and watched as I packed some movies and a charger. "Well how come he hasn't told me about this, what about you, why'd he ask you?" I ask feeling the anger rise in me again. "Child, I'm an old witch, I'm all he's got. I haven't told anyone yet, this is for you, (Y/n). Before the new moon happens I need to find a ritual to keep Frank here on Earth without dooming him." She surmised.

"If we keep him here after he's done on earth he'll end up in hell, not what we want right?" I nodded, I wanted his afterlife to be peaceful. Frankie deserved rest, he was always there for me. I need to repay him. "A guardian angel..." I whispered to myself. My grandma's hands clasped my shoulders tightly, "That's it! We need a waning moon ritual, it'll turn him into an ancestor spirit i.e. a guardian angel!" She hugged me, "I was trying to figure out what we needed, and you figured it out. It will keep him with us without strain on him." She shakes me, I let out a whine, I just wanted to see him. "Okay I'll let you go sweetie, but just hold on before you go, I've got something for you." I sit on my bed and wait for her to come back.

"Frankie, can you come see me!" I call for him, he doesn't come. "It's okay to come in my room Frank, please..." I put my head in my hands. I think he's been scared to be in here since that thing grabbed him. I feel his soft hands on my shoulders, "Don't worry, I'm here. It took me a minute to get out of the attic." He whispered to me, "It's alright (Y/n), I'm not going anywhere." His arms wrap my shoulders, not fully there, but warm and tight around me.

"I'm so angry Frankie, I'm going to Ray's for a few." He nods, I could fall into him if I wanted to, he was warm and caring. "I wish I could go with you, but I'll be in the attic or the kitchen." He says sitting beside me, "It's gonna be okay (Y/n). Jest make sure to listen to Alexandria please." He says before walking out, "Wait Frankie!" But he just keeps going, "Damn..." for the past two days he hasn't said much to me at all, he stays in the attic, scared that thing might come back for him. He stays up there because mom bless the place when my playroom was up there, now it's where Frank acts like a creep. Knocking things over and running around singing in the the late hours of the night.

Just then grandma comes in with a stack of books, "I know you wanna go out and have fun but you gotta read through these, I've book marked the parts for you." She hands me three large books with wooden tabs sticking out of them, they had symbols but no titles and looked withered. "Why do I have to read these?" I asked, bewildered. "Because I said so, and you're the one doing the ritual." Grandma replied. "Oh why me, I'm no good at magic." I pouted, "This'll help you learn, now go and remember to read them." She sassed. "Alright, see you granny." I said sneaking out of my window, "And don't tell mom! Not about going to Ray's about climbing out of my window." I say slipping out, she just nods a closing the windows. She winks at me from behind the glass and mouthed "be safe" at me. I nod and start my walk down the block. What if you he's not okay, seems like you to leave the night you find out there's a way to help. I put my headphones on and turn on Smokey eyes by Lincoln to cope with the voice in my head.

Me: I'm down the street Toro

fro fro: cool I'm at the back door

Me: I'm gonna go through the alley and come through the back yard.

I text while cutting down the side of a neighbor's house, I ducked by window as not to upset the lady that lives there. I made it through her back yard and into the alley. It was dark and I stumbled turning on my flash light. I've always regret being born to see ghost, my mother and father told me before my eyes turned (y/e/c) they were milky white, they thought I'd be blind til I was two months old. My father feared worse things though, dad's family had a big secret, they were stranger than my mother's family too. He never told me exactly what it was but he said he's a Buddhist because he was so tired of being a cultist. "There are only two ways to go in this family." he said, "Either in the gutter or sky high, and eventually, if you went sky-high you'd and up in the dirt with the rest of them" I never knew what exactly the cult worshiped but I knew dad didn't like it too much. He said at nineteen he was excommunicated from their little cult, and he moved out. He shaved his head and started to search for something "pure".

He told me the difference between his family and my mother's family was that Mom's family is magical. It's in their blood, it was something built into them. He said they were blessed with that power, but his family took their magic. Dark deities old as time itself, they worshiped and prayed to them for things impure. That's all the details he'd give me, he said that's why grandma didn't like him at first. She could sense the evil born into him by this bloodline. I fear that his fate skipped a generation, because I see dark things all the time.

My thoughts stop as I reach Ray's house, he's standing at the gate. "What's up doc?" He asks biting into a carrot, he grew it himself. "The voices in my head?" I answer, leaning on the fence looking up at him. He just smiles down at me, "You're a mess, c'mon abuela's already asleep." He opens the gate and we sneak up the back steps into the cold room. The house was warm and familiar to me, through the cold room the was the kitchen to the right the dining room. We walk quietly through the living room and past Ray's abuela, sleeping on the sofa. The stairs right next to the front door, we try not to step heavy and make them creak anymore than they already do.

Now safe and not yet noticed by abuela, we sit on Ray's bed. "So are you okay?" He asked attentively, I nodded, "No actually, my ghost is in danger, and I've got to do a ritual to keep him on earth." I say staring at the floor. "Oh..." he says.

To be continued~♡

A/n: So yea I'm real sad cuz I found out about the lead singing of McCafferty was a racist, homophobic, abusive son of a bitch. All the songs I thought I loved...gone from my Playlist... damn. We'll have a good day tho ily- Vamp