Summertime

A/n: we're back and I'm v excited cuz I have so much planned and I just wanna impress you guys and better my writing skills.- Vamp

(Y/n's) pov

I slept through the night, the feeling was off though. I could feel something was wrong with Gerard, even while asleep. I dreamt of his eyes, I dreamt of them crying endlessly and reddened by sadness. I sank deeper and deeper into my bed; having what I would call a nightmare. The knot in my chest tightened, and I woke. There was a knock at my door, "Hey kiddo, you up?" Frank said coming in, I sat up, aching. "Now I am, what's up?" I rolled out of bed, and tried to stand but my knees were weak.

"I think you and your friends are going to the lake today?" He asked sitting on the bed, I nodded, getting up and going to Pumpkin's cage. He awoke eagerly and crawled up my arm. "Yeah, I just need to get ready and feed Pumpkin." I said, and we walked down stairs, Frank and Pumpkin looked at each other the whole way down. "What's up with your squirrel?" He asked, I took Pumpkin by the scuff of his neck and looked closely at him. Overall he looked normal, a little bigger and vary hungry, but he was the same old black squirrel. "He looks fine to me." I said as we reached the kitchen, coffee was already brewing and Ray was over. I made myself a cup of coffee, and gave a bowl of mixed nuts and berries to Pumpkin.

Frank and I sat at the table with the twins and Ray, "Are mom and dad up yet?" I asked, sipping my black coffee, still feeling the sinking in my chest. I could tell today was going to be long, they all shook their heads. "So what have you all been doing?" I asked, feeling my head start to ache, I kept drinking my coffee, they all just shrugged. Ray pulled a blunt from behind his ear. "You look like you need this." He said handing it to me, then I remembered, it had been days since we smoked. He was right, if i was gonna be anxious I might as well be stoned too. "Thanks man, what time is it?" I asked, lighting the blunt and taking a few puffs. "It's only 11 am." The twins answered, I passed to Ray, nodding. "Does anyone know when we're going to the lake?" Ray asked, holding in his drag and passing to Taurie.

Pumpkin sat on my head sleeping peacefully after his meal. "Gerard said he'd work it out, we might not even go." Ray said, just then my phone went off.

Hell boy🖤: Mikey wants to go to the lake at noon. Is that a good time?

Hell boy🖤: also gm

Me: gm baby most the gangs here already, so lemme ask em

I texted back quickly, "Gerard wants to know if we wanna go to the lake at noon?" I asked puffing and passing, everyone looked around before nodding collectively. I go back to texting.

Me: they all say noon is fine baby

Hell boy🖤: alright see you then love 🖤

Me: see you soon 🖤

I smiled reading his text, I couldn't get over how sweet he was. For a second that sinking feeling in my chest faded and I felt light. We finished smoking and all started getting ready.

I showered and shaved and prepared all whole feeling the pain in my chest from last night. The anxiety was killing me, the tension between my mirror and I was thicker then ever before. I felt dirty, even though I was freshly showered. While I sat on my bed, in a towel Pumpkin seemed to pick up in this, crawling to me and cuddling up to my thighs. "Oh hey baby, you wanna cuddle?" I asked him, he curled up on my thigh. I took that as a yes and petted his head. In that moment I felt a pit of peace, after petting Pumpkin a little more he seemed sleepy so I put him back in his cage and left him some food and water. Just then there was a knock on my door. Ray came in and sat on my bed. "So what's up with you dude?" He asked brushing through his curls. "What do you mean, do I look like somethings wrong?" I asked, looking around for my swimming trunks and some and oil. "To be honest with you, yes, (Y/n) you look like you've seen some shit." He answered, and nodded, "To be honest with you I have." I replied, thinking of last nights very real flashbacks.