Nightmare's Story

The castle loomed above the trio, dark and somber in it's imposing blackness. Blue urged Ink forward excitedly. "If you show them​ kindness, they'll do the same!"

Error just rolled his eyelights. "Try not to die." He said simply.

Alyss made her own weird comment. <Why did you do this, Jokublog?> What? <Nothing.>

They had hardly gotten within ten feet of the main entrance when they were surrounded. Killer, Dust, Horror, and Cross all had weapons out, pointed at them.

All had signs of extreme sleep deprivation. Ink cringed.

"Error! What the fuck?! Where have you been?!?!" Dust yelled, lowering his Blaster. "Why did you bring Ink." Cross growled. His blade didn't move away.

"Blue, you shouldn't be here." Horror addressed the energetic skeleton. "No, Ink insisted on meeting Nightmare. I'm​ here to make sure no one gets hurt." Horror's eyelight winked out. "Don't worry. I know." Ink assured him. He wasn't sure how he knew what the creepy skeleton was thinking, but he knew nonetheless.

Now with 'guards', they continued down to meet Nightmare.

When they saw him, he was waiting. The first thing he did was look at Error. "Are you alright?"

Error nodded. Then the goopy skeleton faced Ink with a face of wrath. "And you came here."

"Yes. I wanted to talk." Ink thought for a moment. "And I'm pretty sure you want to talk to me too."

Nightmare seemed intrigued. He slowly trudged towards them. The gang backed away, even Blue and Error took a step back.

"You're certainly smarter than the last time we met."

"What can I say? I guess I came to my senses?"

Nightmare chuckled darkly. "I sensed you pretty quickly when you returned with Error. You are full of regret and guilt. So much more than I thought you were capable of feeling."

The Dark King stared into Ink. The gaze almost reminded him of the way Alyss had looked into him, when they met. But then he was empty. Now he was bursting.

"You don't happen to have.. obtained a Soul, have you?" There was a hint of a tease there.

Ink felt Alyss shift, and suddenly he knew she was returning Nightmare the same soul-searching look he was giving. It made him blink in surprise.

Nightmare regarded Ink differently. Alyss released her hold on him. The Dark King seemed.. Nightmare looked like he felt threatened by Ink.

Ink held out a hand. "I wanted to tell you face-to-face that I've decided to no longer create AU'S."

Nightmare backed away stunned, as gasps filled the chamber. He was staring at Ink, confused. "Why..?"

Ink waved a hand, gesturing at everything. "To actually protect them! If me creating AU's leads to them getting destroyed, then the best way to save them is too stop making them!" He held Nightmare's gaze evenly. Ink had never felt so confident near the Dark God before.

Nightmare glanced behind Ink, presumably at Error. He then refocused, staring intently.

"What do you two intend to do instead?"

^Well that's for us to figure out, isn't it?^ Alyss spoke with Ink, their voices one.

Nightmare seemed worried for a moment, then returned the usual leer. Even if Ink knew he was hiding behind that confident smile.