Camping

It had been a few days since Ink first arrived in Gravity Falls. He'd spoken to his friends and the Pines, and to Dipper and Mabel's insistence ended up staying for a while.

Ink enjoyed the woods, he wanted to see more of them. Apparently Dipper and Mabel, Stanford, and the red haired girl named Wendy were going out to deal with something in the forest. Ink was going to come with.
But first, he wanted to see the statue.

"Heya, Bill." He greeted the unresponsive stone figure. Ink then sat on the arm, beginning to talk.

"I know you can't talk to me. You're a rock. But I don't care. You're the only one around here that isn't Human, either."

He watched the trees. "This place is a lotta fun. Really interesting. I keep running into secrets and things." He paused, looking at the stone triangle.

"But most of all, I hear about you. What you did. And I'm curious. Why you did it. I can't help but wonder how you felt. What reasons you had. You aren't just crazy. I know you are a bit nuts, but that isn't everything. I was kinda insane for a while myself. I guess... missing what everyone else took for granted can do that to you."

Ink fell silent, thinking. Sinead watching wordlessly.
"What were you missing, Bill?"

He stared at the empty eye with fascination. "What did you want that everyone else had?"

"Or were you protecting something? Did you have a secret that you had to hide?"

Ink glanced through Sinead's memories of the dream demon.

"Were you lonely? Or scared?"
After a moment's hesitation, Ink asked;
"Did something hurt you, Bill Cipher?
A Truth? A person? Something you did?"

Ink sighed, shaking his skull. "You can't answer me. You probably want to kill me for the personal questions. I know Nightmare would. I think Error would, too. Heh.. I'm too curious for my own good now that I have a Soul."

He got up from his seat on the arm, brushing off the moss and staring at the statue. "I honestly want to help you, buddy." Ink started to leave, but held back.

"I want to SAVE you. And I think what you need rescue from is yourself. But that's only a theory. My theory."

Ink dipped his skull and walked away. He could've sworn he felt Bill's one-eyed stare digging into his spine.

I can't make sense of the guy. I want to know more.
<I've always been fascinated with three-sides myself. You are not alone.>

Ink smiled. Thank goodness. I don't wanna seem obsessed.
<You are obsessed. You're just not the only one.>
He frowned at that.

Whatever. Just get ready to do the thing.
<Ink for the last time, it's called taking form!> Sounds too weird for me.
<Goddamnit.>

Ink met up with the humans, all ready to go. "No backpack or anything?" Dipper asked.
Ink winked at the kid. "Do I need one?"
"We're camping out, so I think so."
Ink shrugged. "I'll be fine."

Mabel giggled. "You can't sleep on the ground!"
"Who said I'm on the ground?" Ink shot back.

"Where do you plan on sleeping, then?" Wendy asked.

Ink grinned. He'd been waiting a week to do this.
"I used to create AU'S. Ya think I can't handle this?"

He summoned Broomie, the giant paintbrush appearing in his hand. With a twirl, Ink suddenly hugged it.
"I missed you so much, Broomie!"

Wendy stared as Mabel held back a guffaw. "You have a giant paintbrush?! And it's named Broomie?!!"
"Yep! Been waiting for days to show you!! Broomie's not the only thing!"