The Bad Sanses in the Room

"Hey, Ink?"

Ink opened his sockets from deep thought at Dream's voice, only to realize he was hanging upside down from the ceiling. The fire roots curled around him while clinging to the ceiling and walls.

"I have. No. Idea. How I got here."

Dream was below him, craning his neck vertebrae to goggle at him. "Really?"
"Yeah, I was just thinking. A lot. Don't remember moving. Why am I here?"

Ink shook his skull and hopped down, flipping in the air and landing in front of Dream. The flaming tendrils spread out around the pair, filling the room with orange light; pulsing to the same beat as the Fire Soul inside him.

"What's up?" Ink asked nonchalantly.
Dream gave him a worried look.
"You, Ink. I felt a lot of negativity from you earlier, way more than I thought you could manage. I was gonna see what the problem was when it started fading... You're worrying me, Ink."

Ink looked away, fiddling with his scarf. "Oh. I just found out that I can't handle emotions.." He mumbled.

Dream stared at him, longer than he felt comfortable with.
Then he sighed.
"Is Sinead helping you?"
"....."
"Yeah."

The God of Positivity then hugged Ink. "I just don't want to lose you to this." He breathed into Ink's scarf.

"Heh. I'm not going anywhere. I'm just trying to figure some things out. I've never had a Soul before, after all!"

The golden skeleton didn't let go.

"You were always there for me. I wanna be here for you if you need help, Ink."
"I don't..."
The hug tightened.

Ink sighed, hugging Dream back.
"Stars, Dream. You really cared all this time when I never did.."
"You did care! Just in your own way.."

Ink let it slide, hugging the friend that had always been by his side.

"Never let go, okay Ink?"

He bit back a joke, nodding at the seriousness.
"Don't plan on it."
.....
"But we can't stay attached forever."
Dangit, I couldn't help myself.

Dream backed away, annoyed. "That wasn't what I meant and you know it!"

Ink snorted. "Can't help it, the moment was ripe for the taking."

Dream groaned irritably. "Ugh, you never change!" He pushed Ink away and stalked out of the room.

"Wait Dream, come back! I was joking!"
"I know! Now I'm mad!" He pouted.

"No! Don't be mad at Ink! Let me give you a friendship hug!"
Blueberry came out of nowhere and wrapped a temporarily puzzled Dream in his arms. Dream had a WTF? look stuck on his face.

Sinead finally materialized on Ink's shoulder and snickered, while a small snort escaped Ink.

"Oh no, you're not escaping this either Ink!" Blue jumped up and wrapped his right arm over Ink's shoulder, grinning infectiously.

Blue's weight managed to pull Ink down to his level and made him laugh. He noticed Error in the doorway, looking just as confused as everyone else.

"Blueberry, what are you doing?"

The small skeleton whipped his skull around to give Error a look.

"Get in here, Error! This is a friendship hug!!"

Error looked terrified, backing up and turning to run. Too late, Blue let Ink and Dream go to chase after the poor glitchy skeleton.

They watched the pair take off down the hallway, both grinning.
"Oh I so ship that." Sinead spoke with a mischievous smile.