Part 17: Anya

Anya had agreed to meet up with Arlo at turf wars later in the day. He wanted to test how strong she was, and anyway, Remi had asked him to meet with her at 5:00. She wouldn't mind seeing a new student. He got onto the train that went to turf wars, looking at the picture of Anya they had taken around 5 years ago. She had shoulder length orange and red hair, her eyes a bright blue just like Arlo. He remembered her a bit more- she was the one screaming in his ear when they'd gone on a roller coaster. She nearly threw up her churros after that ride. Arlo smiled. She had felt like his best friend that day, and he'd meet her again.

Arlo arrived at turf wars to see the golden trio standing there, waiting for him. Blyke looked a little battered for some reason, but he walked up to meet them.

Remi: Arlo! I need to uhm... give you something. It's really important. Needs to be between the four of us only. Ok?

Arlo: Huh? My cousin is also coming. She's going to be a freshman, and I thought you wouldn't mind seeing her. 

Remi: What!? Ok then, we'll do it fast-

Remi gasped to see a girl running up to them with silver hair. 

Anya: HEY ARLO! Long time no seeeeee! 

Remi groaned, and gave the package to Isen. She'd have to give this to him later. Although, it couldn't hurt to meet Arlo's cousin. 

Arlo: Hey Anya. 

Anya: So... seeing the landscape, you want me to fight someone, huh?

Arlo: Uhm...

Anya: Arlo, I can see through you clearly. But it's OK- I haven't fought in so long, I'm itching for some fun.

Arlo: She isn't going to be easy to fight. She's very strong. 

Anya looked at Remi.

Anya: I'm guessing her, seeing that she's the only girl other than me?

Arlo nodded, and called Elaine to come over. Remi was thrown aback by surprise. She didn't know that she was going to fight someone. On the other hand, she wanted to see how strong her ability would be in a fight. She walked out and got ready. Anya did too. Both their eyes lit up, and Remi surrounded herself with electricity. Anya didn't do anything yet. She waited for Remi to make the first move. 

Remi made electricity travel across the ground to Anya, which she effortlessly dodged. Remi was surprised- Blyke hadn't been able to get away. Was she stronger than Blyke? Remi fired a few more lightning bolts, but she moved so fast, it was like teleportation. Her feet shifted into an offensive mode, as her hands shifted into a metallic sliver as she dashed toward Remi.

She slammed her fist into Remi's crossed arms. 

Remi: Ugh!

Remi's arms were battered. She groaned. Was her electricity able to go through Anya's arms? 

During the meantime, Anya's hand tingled. Some of Remi's electricity had gotten her. She grew metallic claws on each of her hands, and Remi froze, expression both in shock and pain.

Volcan.

Remi shook her head. There was no fire, so she wasn't related to EMBER... but she couldn't help but feel slightly angry. Even the smallest similarities to Volcan seemed to aggravate her these days...

Remi shot out a lightning bolt at Anya, which she held her arms in a cross to block. Sparks flew, but it didn't fully block Remi's attack. She huffed, a blue aura overcoming her.

Regeneration?

Remi was confused and angry. What was her ability so that she could regenerate. Remi lashed out again, reaching for Anya, but she dodged and tried to slashed at Remi's side and back, who dropped to the ground to avoid her. Enraged, Remi kicked out her leg, which hit Anya's side. Anya changed her flesh into a sliver color, blocking some of the electricity. 

Arlo: You guys can stop now. 

Arlo had been watching both performances from the side. Remi was stronger than before. She was faster in many ways, but Anya had also been strong. He didn't remember what her ability was though...

Elaine dashed up to Remi and started to heal her. Remi shrugged, but kept on eyeing Anya. 

Anya: Oh... I'm sorry for giving you injuries.

Remi: It's fine, I'm sorry for electrocuting you too much.

Remi felt bad. She felt so competitive with this girl who was only a first year.

Remi: What ability do you have?

Anya: Oh! My ability is called Steel. 

Remi: Level? 

Anya: Hm... I think around a 5.4?

Everyone either gasped or looked at her with disbelief. 

Remi: But... you're just a freshman!

Anya shrugged.

Anya: Worked my ability and physical fighting a lot.

Remi nodded. Even with this abnormal ability boost, she still wasn't able to overcome hard work. She felt a bit more motivated to work harder. But how would she do that?

_______________________

Anya

Ability: Steel

Level: 5.4

Power: 7

Defense: 5

Speed: 7

Recovery: 4

Trick: 4

_______________________