↘︎ chapter fourteen

14 | Rescuing Harry Potter

Marley Macmillan met almost the whole Weasley family, except Charlie and Bill Weasley. They weren't even in Britain by this time of the year but this wasn't bothering Marley at all. She hoped she'll meet them soon. The girl had met (well, she already knew most of the members of the family) Ginny, Ron and Percy Weasley who would be in his sixth year in a month. Fred had told her that Percy was a Gryffindor Prefect. The girl spent three wonderful days at the Burrow before the troubles, Fred and George were taking her at the surrounding area, showing her the green meadows. The air here was clean and it was really peaceful. Marley really liked everything. Mrs. Weasley was extremely kind like her second mother and Mr. Weasley was often joking. It was making Marley's day even better.

Marley got to know the shy Ginny Weasley better, after they were sharing one room. Ginny turned out as a really nice and funny person. She liked Marley's drawings and the older girl promised she'll draw her one day. On her third night, the two girls were gossiping about Ginny's brothers before bed and Marley was talking about Hogwarts to the girl. After it passed ten thirty in the evening, they went to sleep and when Marley heard someone slightly pushing her shoulder, she first thought it was time for breakfast, but it was still dark.

"Mar," she heard the familiar voice of George Weasley, whispering almost in her ear. She was still feeling very sleepy and she barely was opening her eyes. The girl raised her head, but she didn't know George was that close to her. She realized it in the moment she hit her forehead in his. "Ouch! You need to wake up, we're going to Little Whinging."

"What? Now?" Marley exclaimed quietly, trying not to wake Ginny up. She was rubbing her forehead. The red-haired Weasley girl had two beds in her room, in case her future friends from Hogwarts would come for sleepovers or stuff like that. Marley had no idea. "It's midnight, you dummy. You should go to fucking sleep."

"Fred and Ron are waiting in the corridor." George insisted, trying to talk quietly. "Look, Ron thinks something is happening with Harry and we're going to pick him up. You're coming too."

"Fine, just wait until I get dressed." she inclined annoyed and stood up from the bed, wearing only her pajamas - short pants (maybe too short) and an oversized T-shirt. For a moment George's eyes looked her from head to foot, but he just looked at Ginny to see if she was awake and went out of the room.

Marley felt a little uncomfortable and her cheeks were flushed. She quickly get dressed and brushed her hair, then quietly left the room. As George had told her, Fred and Ron were in the corridor, waiting. Marley didn't know why she had to come with them, but she learnt the hard way she shouldn't fight with a Weasley. The fourth of them made their way really quietly to the garage where Ford Anglia was parked. The got in the car, George behind the driver's seat and Fred next to him. Ron and Marley were on the backseat.

"Oh my god, do you even know how to drive a car?" exclaimed indignant Marley, but George just chuckled. "And don't drive too high in the air or I'm gonna punch you."

"Calm down, Mar." he playfully rolled his eyes. While the Flying Ford Anglia was raising in the night sky, full of stars, Marley was with her eyes closed.

                                        ***

It was maybe one after midnight when they arrived at Little Whinging and were trying to keep in a distance from the Muggles. George seemed like a good driver, which was strange for fourteen-year-old boy, but he really tried to be careful. They were already at Privet Drive, heading for Harry Potter's house. Or the place his uncle and aunt were living and he was just like a prisoner there. Hated from Uncle Vernon and Aunt Petunia (Ron told that to Marley while they were travelling).