The Meeting: 20

••As Natsumes tears ran down her face, the sky above her somehow reflected her emotions of sadness. Heavy rain poured down like millions of tiny needles. She continued running until she couldn't run any longer. She fell to her knees as she faced her sadness to the sky above. She roared, a roar of sadness lost hope, and lost resolutions.

".... Why...why do I look like a m.." she couldn't finish as a lump of uncontrolled halt in her words had stopped that word from coming out of her mouth. Her tears still flowed but not of anguish but of anger.

"Why did I have to look like this.... this beast. I looked more human before. I could've easily hid my ears and tail before but now, now I can't." Natsume shouted as she punched the ground.

••With her every strike to the earth, lightning also hit the ground. With every shout, thunder roared preparing another bolt of lightning.

"Natsume you are not a beast nor a monster." sang an angelic voice. Natsume looked up to find a hole in the darkened clouds that revealed the joyous shine of the sun.

"W-who's there?" Natsume asked wiping her tears to try and conceal her anguish.

"I have watched you your whole life. I watched you grow into a beautiful and kind young women, that I am so very proud of." humbly said the voice as a white feathered Dragon appeared.

••She was beautiful. Her wings a graceful white. Her fur was a heavenly pearl. Her mane was a honey brown and appeared to glow in the sunlight. And her eyes, they were as blue as blue can be, the ocean seemed to move in her eyes as they stared at Natsume. The Dragon landed right in front of her. Natsume stared in awe and realization at this Dragon before her.

"A-are you m-my m-mo...." Natsume tried to say but tears of joy ran down her face at finally being able to see her. The cloud began to thin out and show the glorious sun. A light surrounded the Dragon like a golden halo.

"Yes my dear. I am your mother, Chi Miname, Queen of the Dragons." she smiled while wiping a tear from her daughters face.

••Natsume slowly got to her feet as she walked toward her mother. 'I finally get to hug my mom.' Natsume thought as she embraced her mother. Chi smiled lovingly as she picked up her daughter and finally held her. A single tear fell from her eye, a single tear of complete and utter happiness. The embrace lasted a whole until Natsume broke it.

"Where have you been all these years?" She asked in broken sadness.

••Her mother looked into Natsumes' eyes. No. She look into her soul to find something. But what could she be looking for?

"....I was protecting my people an ruling them fairly. I had to balance them before..." she began but was interrupted by Natsume.

"Before raising your only daughter! I grew up not knowing what you look like, smell like, feel like and how you are! And these past 4 years I've been alone! Alone and not knowing why!?" Natsume shouted hysterically while hot tears flowed down her caramel skin.

••Chi just stared at her daughter with a pitiful face. And once again the rain fell. but this time it was softer and it was cold, colder than ice.

"Oh Natsume. I knew of your loneliness and the death of your father. I also grieved for his departure but all things in this world and the next must come to an end. Time is the only one who lives for eternity." Chi whispered as she stroked her daughters hair. the rain suddenly stopped and the clouds darkened.

"Even your words can not comfort me. The loss of my father destroyed me. No matter what anyone has told me I still can't get his smiling face out of my mind and the last thing he told me rings in my mind like a bell." Natsume stated as she stood on her two feet.

------------------Flash Back

++++++Natsumes' POV

___My father and I tried running out of the cottage but we were already too late. Before the explosion happened Father covered me with his body.

"Dad why'd you do that?! I can't heal you, you're wounds are too serious!?" I shouted while tears fell from my eyes.

"I had to do it. You're my little Dragon remember. Plus I love you too much to see you get hurt or worse." He smiled lightly as blood poured out of his burns and cuts. "As long as you're alive there is hope for this world. You are the light that shines on its own. I believe in you. . . . . so much I'd give my life to. . . save yours my. . . . little Dragon. . . . ." He whispered his last words as he closed his eyes. His heart beat stopped. His body became stiff and cold.

••My world turned black. It shattered like glass being hit by a speeding object. That speeding object was the realization that the only person in my world just vanished. Taken away by the cruelty of fate. But I'd live on. And remember how his life was taken from him. And that was all my fault....

-------------------End Flash Back

••No it's her fault. The one who made me this way. The one who created me. The one who gave me this curse. The one who left me. The one who is now in front of me. The one who is here. Why is she here? What does she want?

"Why are you even here?! You abandon me and father for almost a century, and now you just show up!" Natsume yelled in anger as lightning hit the ground. Her mother sighed as she sat down.

"I have come to take you to the Dragon Realm. As princess you have duties to fulfill. I did not abandon you and your father, I had a duty to my people and my father. Would you rather me take responsibility of one or many?" Chi asked in a strict tone and a look to match.

"I guess not. But you could've at least came to see me once. Just once, if I had known that I probably wouldn't be mad or upset right now. To me it felt like you abandon us, it hurt, seeing all the village kids run up to their mom or having home cooked meals that their moms made. I felt alone. I felt like I was unwanted by the person that birthed me. The only person that didn't make me feel alone is now dead. And now out of the blue you want me to come to you, and be something I'm not. I didn't choose to be a princess or a dragon. I chose to live my life as I chose. You can make another kid that cares about that stuff. Because I'm a Demon and a Fairy Tail Mage, and I'd like to stay that way." Natsume said as she turned her back to her mother and started to walk away.

"Do you really think that? Demons and humans were never meant to coexist. Demons consume humans to survive. Can a wolf live in a flock of sheep without consuming at lest one of them?" Her mother asked. This made Natsume stop in her tracks, hot red flames dripped out of her mouth as she said.

"Do not test me beast. I have lived inside a flock my whole life and only eaten one, and since then I have not even taken a single chuck of meat. If I ever see you again I will kill you, without remorse. So I suggest you fly back to what ever whole you crawled out of and stay there." Natsume growled as her flames burned the grass, she turned around and stomped away.

"I see. You are defiantly your fathers child, stubborn and strong willed. But l will see how long you can go without taking a bite of the flock." Chi said to herself as she took of into the still grey skies.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

[A/N]. Sorry for the late update you guys I was busy with school and buying presents for my friends and family. But I hope you liked it anyway. Read, share an vote for my story if you like. Maybe a comment or two won't hurt 😄😄😉😉.

--kitsune666 out PEACE and happy holidays!!

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••