Chapter 34

The‌ ‌heroes‌ ‌sit‌ ‌in‌ ‌the‌ ‌living‌ ‌room‌ ‌of‌ ‌Shane‌ ‌and‌ ‌Charlene's‌ ‌house.‌ ‌Zelda‌ ‌is‌ ‌on‌ ‌the‌ ‌phone‌ ‌with‌ ‌Verity.‌ ‌‌"I'll‌ ‌be‌ ‌there‌ ‌as‌ ‌soon‌ ‌as‌ ‌I‌ ‌can.‌ ‌This‌ ‌shift's‌ ‌really‌ ‌aggressive‌ ‌at‌ ‌the‌ ‌moment.‌ ‌I‌ ‌trust‌ ‌you‌ ‌all‌ ‌to‌ ‌fight‌ ‌hard‌ ‌until‌ ‌I‌ ‌get‌ ‌there,"‌‌ ‌says‌ ‌Verity.‌ ‌"Okay,‌ ‌thanks,"‌ ‌Zelda‌ ‌says‌ ‌before‌ ‌hanging‌ ‌up.‌ ‌"Man,‌ ‌this‌ ‌is‌ ‌so‌ ‌stressful,"‌ ‌says‌ ‌Charlene,‌ ‌pacing‌ ‌back‌ ‌and‌ ‌forth.‌ ‌Allara‌ ‌rests‌ ‌her‌ ‌hand‌ ‌on‌ ‌Charlene's‌ ‌shoulder.‌ ‌"Hey,‌ ‌now.‌ ‌Relax.‌ ‌You're‌ ‌not‌ ‌alone‌ ‌in‌ ‌this.‌ ‌We're‌ ‌all‌ ‌worried,"‌ ‌she‌ ‌says.‌ ‌Charlene‌ ‌sighs.‌ ‌"I‌ ‌know.‌ ‌But‌ ‌Shane's‌ ‌my‌ ‌husband,‌ ‌and‌ ‌he's‌ ‌the‌ ‌prisoner‌ ‌of‌ ‌a‌ ‌woman‌ ‌who's‌ ‌obsessed‌ ‌with‌ ‌him.‌ ‌Who‌ ‌knows‌ ‌what‌ ‌he's‌ ‌going‌ ‌through‌ ‌right‌ ‌now?"‌ ‌"Char,‌ ‌you‌ ‌have‌ ‌every‌ ‌reason‌ ‌to‌ ‌be‌ ‌worried‌ ‌about‌ ‌Shane.‌ ‌But‌ ‌I‌ ‌think‌ ‌we‌ ‌speak‌ ‌for‌ ‌all‌ ‌of‌ ‌us‌ ‌when‌ ‌I‌ ‌say‌ ‌that‌ ‌you‌ ‌should‌ ‌also‌ ‌have‌ ‌the‌ ‌most‌ ‌faith‌ ‌in‌ ‌him.‌ ‌You‌ ‌know‌ ‌him‌ ‌better‌ ‌than‌ ‌any‌ ‌of‌ ‌us,"‌ ‌says‌ ‌Zelda.‌ ‌Charlene‌ ‌thinks‌ ‌for‌ ‌a‌ ‌moment.‌ ‌"You're‌ ‌right.‌ ‌Shane's‌ ‌been‌ ‌through‌ ‌worse.‌ ‌He‌ ‌can‌ ‌get‌ ‌through‌ ‌this!‌ ‌But‌ ‌what‌ ‌about‌ ‌Cherise's‌ ‌warning?"‌ ‌"We'll‌ ‌see‌ ‌when‌ ‌we‌ ‌get‌ ‌there.‌ ‌Until‌ ‌then,‌ ‌let's‌ ‌all‌ ‌have‌ ‌faith‌ ‌in‌ ‌Shane,"‌ ‌says‌ ‌Klunk.‌ ‌Charlene‌ ‌nods‌ ‌in‌ ‌agreement.‌ ‌"Alright.‌ ‌To‌ ‌the‌ ‌HVK‌ ‌hideout,"‌ ‌says‌ ‌Sully.‌

   Klunk and Sully arrive at the HVK hideout, followed by Allara, Zelda, and Charlene. "Emily, Delia, we hope you don't mind that we brought them. The situation with Shane is getting dire," says Sully. Emily shrugged, "It's fine, I can handle three HK's knowing where the hideout is." "Are we any closer to finding Shane, or finding out what is going on with Jamie? We've split the HVK's in half trying to find both of them," Delia asked, "And I can't find a single thing and I've been going all over." "Thanks to our sources, we know that Shane is somewhere in Arendelle. Eris has an ice palace there, and that's where she's keeping him," says Zelda. "Still nothing on Jamie, though. We assume that Jocelyn must have done something to him," says Allara. Emily rolled her eyes at the mention of Jocelyn, "Alright well, at least we got something for somebody." "We finally were able to track his coin, but when I found where it was, it was practically destroyed in the middle of nowhere," Delia explained, "Someone powerful had to have done it I think." "That's not good," says Klunk. Zelda steps forward. "I have a proposition," she says. "I was made aware of your open-mindedness to this, and given how dangerous this could be, I think it's best that the HVKs and UHKs unionize." Delia looked to Emily, "You said you'd be okay with working with them." "I know what I said D. Doesn't mean I like it all that much." Delia rolled her eyes before turning to her raven form and going on Emily's shoulder. "Emily, please. If we do this, it'll make rescuing Shane much easier. And if Jocelyn was involved with both his kidnapping and Jamie's disappearance, I have no doubt that Shane could know what happened," says Charlene. "I am willing to work with the UHK's. But I made this society to help the VK's who become heroes without having to worry about what other VK's or HK's think. If we can keep it that way, fine." "Alright. Now, off to Arendelle, we go," says Zelda. "Wait! Where's Markus?" asks Charlene. "Probably back in Paris," Delia said turning back to her human form, "He is neutral so he doesn't know where the hideout is or anything. Plus, with my mother always watching him, we find it too risky to have him come here. If she were to tell the other dead villains and somehow, god forbid they came back, well, this place wouldn't be as safe." "We made the hideout, instead of just meeting at my castle, in case that did happen and the HVK's needed somewhere to go to get away from their parents. Like if my mother came back, or Ursula," Emily explained gesturing to Sully at the mention of his mom. "Alright. I'll tell him to meet us in Arendelle," says Charlene. She takes out her phone and texts him: "It's time. Meet us in Arendelle." "Everyone ready?" asks Sully. The others nod. "Alright. Be on your guard," says Sully. A huge wave of water engulfs them, sending them to Arendelle.