Friends and Moonbaths

The Addams Family were gathering things they wanted to take on their night for moonbathing. One time they had meant to go to a nice swampy field by their house, but they weren't able to go because of an alien caper which was later discovered to be a false alarm. So Gomez decided to take the family out to where they wanted to go moonbathing the last time and invite the Munsters to come too. The Munsters plane had just landed and they would be staying with the Addam's as their guests for a few weeks. They hadn't seen each other in months and were excited to see each other again.

"Lurch, don't forget Mrs. Addams' moonbathing chair. Wouldn't want her pretty face getting moonburn." Gomez said wrapping and arm around his beloved wife.

"Darling." Morticia said patting Gomez's cheek the way she knows he likes.

"Tish, you know what that does to me!" Gomez exclaimed grabbing Morticia's arm and began to kiss it.

"Gomez, please! Not in front of the children!" Morticia exclaimed. Gomez looked behind him to see Wednesday and Pugsley standing at the front door. The two children giggled.

"Oh, yeah right." Gomez said. Morticia smiled.

"Children, did you get your shovels and pales, and your nets for catching spiders?" Morticia asked.

"Yes, mother." The children answered.

"Pugsley and I are going to catch lots of black widow spiders!" Wednesday exclaimed.

"I know you will darling." Morticia said.

"I just can't wait to see Grandpa!" Mama exclaimed. Everyone looked at mama in surprise.

"What? He's a great friend!" Mama said defensively. Morticia laughed a light laugh. She had a feeling Mama was smitten with Grandpa. Suddenly they saw the Munsters car pull up in the driveway. The Munsters filed out of their car. Everyone fretted one another and hugged each other.

"Eddie!" Wednesday and Pugsley exclaimed running toward each other and hugging each other.

"How are you?!" Wednesday exclaimed.

"I've been alright! How about you?" Eddie asked.

"I've been fine!" Wednesday said.

"How about you Pugsley?" Eddie asked.

"I've been swell, thanks!" Pugsley said.

"I can't wait to catch spiders with you!" Wednesday exclaimed excitedly.

"I'm going to try to catch some bats!" Eddie exclaimed.

"In that case I'll be catching bats with you!" Pugsley exclaimed.

"But you promised to catch spiders with me!" Wednesday said disappointed.

"Wednesday, you know all that kid stuff is behind me now." Pugsley said. Wednesday pouted and walked away.

"Is everyone ready?" Morticia asked.

"I'm ready!" Wednesday exclaimed.

"Us too!" Eddie and Pugsley exclaimed.

"Are you ready pussycat?" Lily asked.

"Yes, dear." Herman answered.

Lurch started the car and the car sounded off with its signature *boom* and the Munsters followed them to the swamp field. The swampy field was very muddy and slippery but it was stable enough for a pick-nick and to put a bat mitten net in for games. Everyone got out of the car and set up the pick nick blanket and the bat mitten net for games. Lurch got out the pick-nick basket. In it was henbane on the rocks for drinks, soufflé of aardvark, bug cookies, and tongue of yack. The Munsters brought sandwiches and chocolate chip cookies. Morticia looked at the chocolate chip cookies. She's never seen or made food like that before.