Nighttime Fun

"Those are lovely spiders children!" Morticia exclaimed holding the jar of spiders Wednesday handed to her. "And the tarantulas add a divine touch!"

"Thank you! I was getting bored of black widows." Wednesday said.

"I'm sure you were darling, you have more black widows than you'll ever need!" Morticia said Wednesday shrugged and walked off with her spiders.

Suddenly it began to thunder, then there was lightening, and then there was rain. The Addams and Munsters were happy to be picnicking in rain and they were disappointed that they had to leave and go back home on account it was going on one o'clock in the morning and the children needed their sleep. They got in their cars and drove back to the Addams house. They went back into the house to enjoy a peaceful, thunder filled evening.

"Would you all like to see what's on tv?" Mama asked. "I'll have Lurch pop some popcorn!"

"Sure." Morticia said turning on the television. Morticia flipped through the television channels and groaned. There was nothing interesting on televisions anymore. All television is are commercials of Barbie dolls, or GI Joe toys an Addams boy would never be interested in. She turned another channel on and noticed "House of Wax" was on, and Morticia flipped to the channel just in time because the movie was beginning to start.

"Does everyone want to watch "House of Wax"?" Morticia asked. Everyone agreed to watch "House of Wax" and mama rung for Lurch and he made the popcorn and gave everybody henbane for drinks. Soon the character Cathy Grey came on screen Morticia noticed how much she resembled the character.

"Gomez, do you recall me looking like her when I was younger? I know I did, but my hair was far different." Morticia said.

"Indeed! And far better too!" Gomez said.

"Darling, you always say what a woman needs to hear." Morticia said.

"Oh Queirida...." Gomez said hugging his wife.

"Can we please watch the movie?" Uncle Fester asked.

"Oh, yeah, yeah." Gomez said standing next to his wife's knitting chair. They got to the part where the character Sue found Kathy dead in her bed. Sue jumped out the window and ran to Scott Andrews' house.

"She'd better be careful or she's literally cooked!" Eddie exclaimed.

"Oh Eddie he's not going to cook her!" Marylin exclaimed.

"How do you know? It's called "House of Wax" for a reason!" Eddie exclaimed.

"Quiet! I want to hear this!" Lily exclaimed.

"Now, everybody lets just all be quiet and see how this movie pans out." Herman said.

"Oh Herman, I just said that!" Lily exclaimed.

"I know." Herman said.

"So why'd ya say it again?" Grandpa asked.

"Uh,....I dunno." Herman answered.

"Oh!" Lily scoffed.

"Just sayin'." Herman said.

"You 'just say' everything." Lily said. Herman grunted and shook his hands.

"Oh, calm down!" Lily said making Herman cross his arms and pout like a baby.
~

Soon the movie ended and everyone had eaten everything in the popcorn bowls. Lily was about to put everything away, but as she began to walk to the kitchen a thunder clapped loudly and the power went out. Lily set the bowls down and Lily the candles.

"Well, the power's out." Grandpa said.

"Well what are we going to do?" Mama asked.

"Yeah, we can't play dynamite caps in the dark, unless I light it up!" Uncle Fester exclaimed putting a lightbulb in his mouth and lit up.