Youre a Goofball, But I Love You

A/N: You guys probably may have noticed that I published another 'chapter' which I didn't do because I just renamed my last chapter As Good Scare' into something better. So those of you who already read that chapter DO NOT READ! All I did was rename the chapter!

Herman shot up in bed. He heard a noise coming from outside and fear shot through him. He slowly got out of bed, careful not to wake Lily, who was sound asleep. He placed the pillows on the floor and put the bucket and mop he kept under his side of the bed in case of emergencies on the bed and put the blanket over them. Emergencies that caused for a situation like this would be if Lily would find out he was out of the room she would surely explode.

He grabbed a lantern and tiptoed out of the room and went downstairs. He heard the noise again and jumped at the sound. He could feel himself getting scared, but he knew he had to go out and investigate the noise for the protection of his family and the guests in the house. He opened the front door and walked out to see a cloudy but quiet evening. The quiet made him nervous. He heard the noise again and noticed Eddie's football and grabbed it.

Herman pursued the noise and was about to throw the football at the noise when he shone his lantern and saw that it was just Gomez and Morticia. Morticia was cuddled up next to Gomez and Gomez had his arms around Morticia.

"Hello, there Herman! What are you doing up at this late hour?!" Gomez asked.

"Umm, I-I just heard a noise and I got scared?" Herman answered while shaking.

"Oh, well that noise was probably just Morticia and I. This house is old after all. Probably older than ours!" Gomez said.

"You're probably right dear." Morticia said. "And Herman does Lily know you're out of bed?"

"N-no, I put a bucket and mop in place of me so she wouldn't notice." Herman answered.
~

Lily stirred in her sleep. She knew intuitively something wasn't right. She felt next to her and thought she felt Herman, but what she didn't know was that she really was feeling a bucket and mop. She sighed contently.

"There there Herman. Remember there's no madman." Lily said in her sleep. She sighed contently made herself comfortable and was about to doze off when she realized Herman wasn't there. Lily's eyes shot open. She pulled the covers off Herman's side of the bed and grunted in anger at the sight of a bucket and mop laying beside her in place of her husband. She got out of bed

"So help me Herman...." Lily thought to herself as she grabbed a candle on her night stand and made her way down the stairs. She saw that the front door was open. She went outside and saw Herman talking to Gomez and Morticia.

"Herman Munster!!" Lily exclaimed.

"Oh, Lily dear! I-I just heard a noise and I w-wanted to investigate!" Herman exclaimed, attempting to defend himself so Lily wouldn't get angry and yell at him. Lily pulled Herman by his ear back in the house.
~

"Herman, I just wish you weren't such a goofball!" Lily exclaimed.

"I know! But I can't help myself! I have a heart of a child! Besides I didn't want anything dangerous getting in the house!" Herman exclaimed.

"Did you ever think that noise could have been just one of Grandpa's inventions walking around?" Lily asked.

"No....." Herman answered.

"Well then...you must learn to stop and THINK Herman!" Lily exclaimed.

"I know...." Herman said. "I'm sorry.." Lily's heart softened at this. She sat down on the bed next to Herman.

"Perhaps I do get carried away....and we did agree to be mature and adult when we have arguments." Lily said.

"I don't want to argue with her dear." Herman said.

"Neither do I want to argue with you pussycat." Lily said gently resting her head on Herman's shoulder. Herman wrapper an arm around Lily.

"There there dear, I could never stay mad at you." Herman said.

"And I could never stay mad at you." Lily said.

"But I do tend to be a goofball." Herman said.

"Herman, you're definitely a goofball, but I love you. I will love you for the rest of my lives." Lily said cuddling up to Herman.

"I love you too dear." Herman said rubbing up and down Lily's back. "And I will love you for the rest of my life." Herman and Lily shared a passionate kiss. When they pulled away they realized they were so lost into each other and almost forgot to go back to sleep.

"Herman, we really must go to bed, aren't you just dead?" Lily asked tiredly.

"Indeed I am dear, I've been up almost all night worrying about the madman." Herman said.

"Oh, stop worrying about that madman and come to bed." Lily said. Herman climbed into bed next to Lily and turned off their lights.

"Sleep well, Lily." Herman said before closing his eyes and going to sleep and kissing Lily's forehead.

Awww! Wasn't this such a sweet chapter?! I certainly think so and I hope you guys enjoyed it! I know it's short but my chapters vary. Anyway, plz don't forget to vote and comment and let me know what you think! See you all in the next chapter my lovelies!! Bye!!!😁😁😁