A Way Out

Marilyn was sitting in a corner hugging her knees, worrying they would never find a way out. Roger sat down next to her, pulled her into his chest and rubbed her arm. Marilyn nuzzled her head in Roger's neck and wrapped her arms around him.

"Don't worry my love." Roger said. "We'll find a way out soon."

"How can be so sure?" Marilyn asked. "Those awful people are our their guarding us with rifles in their hands!"

"I won't let them hurt you or your family." Roger said determinedly.

"Thank you." Marilyn said. Roger opened his mouth to say something but was cut off when Herman spoke up.

"I've got an idea!" Herman exclaimed. Everyone looked to Herman to here his ideas.

"Well, pop, what's your idea?" Eddie asked.

"Yeah brother in law. Say it! Just say it so we can all get out of this sticky situation and everything turns out peachy again! Blech! I'm disgusted with myself for saying that as a Munster, but I'm aging that to make a point!"

"If my air headed sister-in-law would stop talking I can explain the plan.....Gomez can sneak-"

"I am not going anywhere until Morticia gets back!" Gomez exclaimed.

"And I don't trust you!" Beatrice said. "We're in laws and we barely know each other!"

"Then let's be clam and adult, act like a family while this so going on.....Fester you distract Lionel and the two teens, Mama if they five you any trouble, potion them." Herman said. "Oh and Beatrice your with me." Beatrice groaned.

"Gotcha." Mama said.

"I'll distract them with my jokes! Or my cannon!" Uncle Fester exclaimed.

"Either will do." Herman said. "Children, you all hide."

"But pop, how will we get out?" Eddie asked.

"We will come back to get you." Herman answered. "But until then, you children hide." The children hid under the table and Herman ordered them to stay there until they came back to get them. Herman, Uncle Fester, and Mama went upstairs and Herman blocked everyone from opening the door. Herman checked outside to see if Lionel was still guarding the door. Herman asked Mama for a hairpin and mama handed him one in her dress pocket. Herman unlocked the door and tiptoed as quietly as he could out the door. He ordered Mama and Uncle Fester to tiptoe too and they did.

The were able to get to the drawbridge of the castle and waited to hear the footsteps of the two teens guarding the outside. Once he knew the coast was clear he told Fester and Mama to stay behind for a minute and walked outside. He listened for Andrew and Lisa to come around and eventually, they did. He grabbed Andrew by one hand and Lisa by the other. And threw them into the moat and little did he or Andrew and Lisa know there were alligators in the moat. Andrew and Lisa ran out of the moat as far and as fast as they could.

"Gee, I forgot we had alligators in the moat." Herman said to himself. He turned to Uncle Fester and Mama and motioned for them to come outside.

"Ok. Everyone is outside, except for Gomez and the children." Mama said.

"And Grandpa and Lily should be coming back with Morticia." Uncle Fester said.

"Correct! Now all we have to do is wait." Herman said.

"Umm don't you think we ought to tell Gomez and the children it's safe to come out?" Uncle Fester's asked.

"Yes, but Lionel is still out here." Herman said. "Once we take care of him we can get the children out."

"He's right. If anything they're safer in that laboratory than they are out here." Mama said.

"Mama's right. Lionel might try to hurt them if they try to escape." Uncle Fester's said.

"I wish we had a phone." Herman said.

"Well, don't you have a phone?" Mama asked.

"No, we moved here in 1866, and after a long time of living here, we moved to America." Herman answered.

"That's right, they didn't have phones back in the day." Mama said.

"I'll have to talk to Lily and Grandpa about getting a phone for the castle when all do this is over." Herman said.

"Good idea! That way you can stay in touch with everyone you know in America when you're here on vacation!" Uncle Fester said.

"Enough of the cell phone talk! Let's discuss a plan!!" Beatrice shouted, at her wits end.

"Well, family members at least and everyone at the parlor." Herman said. "And of course our friends."

"That'll be fun!" Mama exclaimed.

"Alright, now lets go find Lionel." Uncle Fester said.

"But shouldn't we wait him out?" Herman asked.

"I don't know which is better. To wait him out or go after him." Mama said.

"Let's try waiting him out first." Herman said.

"Then it's settled. We'll just sit here and wait for Lionel to come." Uncle Fester said. Herman, Uncle Fester, and Mama day down and began to wait for Lionel to come to them and when he came, they planned to attack without hesitation and hold him here until the police came. Everyone felt something Munsters or Addams' don't usually feel. Fear.
~

"Grandpa we've been flying around for HOURS!" Lily exclaimed.

"I'm aware of that, but we flew far from the castle!" Grandpa exclaimed.

"I hope we'll get to the castle soon!" Morticia exclaimed.

"We will, don't worry! Believe me it's not far." Grandpa said.

"You said that all night last night and all day today!" Lily exclaimed.

"Well I'm sorry I can't help it if some evil person tosses Morticia out the window and the wind is blowing hard!" Grandpa exclaimed. Lily sighed.

"I'm sorry Grandpa, I'm just so tired of flying endlessly!" Lily exclaimed.

"Don't you worry, we won't have to fly to much longer." Grandpa said.

"I hope not. I want my best friend back and I miss Herman, Eddie, Marilyn, Beatrice and all our friends." Lily said.

"I do too, but we have to stay strong and keep flying. You're a strong girl. You get that from your mother." Grandpa said.

"Thank you, father." Lily said.

"Anytime." Grandpa said.

            So Lily, Grandpa, and Morticia are on their way back to the castle.....will Morticia he turned back into a human? We'll have to wait and see! Anyway I hope you enjoyed this chapter! See you all in the next chapter my lovelies! Byee!!!!😁😁😁😁