Escape

Lionel was lying awake that night. He had promised Susan he would break her out of jail when he escaped. He had not yet come up with a plan on how to escape prison. He thought of all prison pictures he's seen. He remembered how one prisoner broke out with a spoon, and another one got one of his prison friends to help him break out. Unfortunately, Lionel didn't have any friends in prison except for Susan because he didn't want to talk to filthy criminals. Lionel's mind drifted to Susan. He thought about what she said to him at dinner that night. She said she wasn't a criminal and she was wrongly accused of a crime she didn't commit.

Lionel didn't understand why, but he felt a connection with Susan. He didn't know exactly what it was but it was a connection he never felt with Morticia. He already felt like he could trust Susan and tell her anything, even if it was the most personal thing about him. He certainly couldn't tell her what he did to Morticia and her family, but anything else, he felt he could tell her. He began to think of her long brown hair, her heavy lidded-dark circled blue eyes, and her snow white skin. Lionel was snapped out of his thought when two different police officers were dragging another prisoner in.

"What are you doing Lionel?" Lionel thought to himself. "Thinking about Susan when you're in prison and what would you want with someone like her? She can't compare to Morticia."

Lionel wondered if what he felt for Morticia was just lust and he didn't love her for who she was. Lionel was disgusted with that thought. He knew deep inside that wasn't true. But yet, he wondered why he has been thinking about Susan since their talk at dinner.

"I want to get her out of my mind, but I can't. She's just too beautiful...and too....too....kind." Lionel thought trying to shake the thought out of his head. "Morticia is all those things too. But maybe there's something in Susan that you didn't see in Morticia."

Lionel dared to think about what it could be. Morticia was beautiful and kind, but she was a goth, and he remembered how when they first met, he had asked her to keep her two vultures away when she invited him to play. He didn't like vultures, but even then he thought she was beautiful. Susan was a lighthearted and sensitive lady. Lionel thought she was beautiful despite her heavy lidded-dark circled eyes, and rats nest called her hair he thought she was beautiful. Her appearance was probably just due to the fact that prison already did her in. She seemed to be genuinely frightened when those two police officers dragged her in. Looking back on that moment now Lionel wished he would've tore those two cops away from her and took her somewhere safe with him.

"I have to find a way to escape." Lionel thought. "Ans I promised Susan I would take her with me. And as a gentlemen I will not leave her here to rot!"

Lionel noticed there was a towel just small enough to shove into the toilet commode. He felt like he was going to puke, but he shoved the towel in the toilet anyway. He pulled the flush handle and the toilet clogged and water eventually started to pour out of the toilet getting all over Lionel's cell floor. He flushed the toilet again and more water came out. The electronic lock keeping the cell door closed stoped working and his cell door opened. Lionel slowly crept out of his cell and looked for Susan in the women's section of the prison. He found her in the first cell on the left asleep on her bed.

He stole the keys from the officers desk that would unlock her cell door and unlocked the door. He scooped her up bridal style and carried her out of the prison. He found a police car and put Susan in the passenger seat and started the ignition. Soon enough Lionel was driving away from the prison with Susan with him.

He arrived at his old mansion where the crime took place and carried Susan up the stairs to his bedroom. He tucked her in bed, and promised himself they would both freshen up in the morning. He thought about laying next to her, being that it was his bed but thought better of it. As a gentleman he would let the lady have the bed and he would sleep on the couch downstairs. He locked all the doors and windows and grabbed a spare blanket from the closet in the upstairs hallway, changed into his pajamas and went downstairs. Then he remembered Susan didn't have any pajamas or comfortable clothes to wear. He remembered his last girlfriend left some of her clothes at his house. For some reason Lionel neglected to give them back to her. He doubted she cared. He wasn't important to her anyway.

Lionel grabbed a silk nightgown from a spare bedroom and changed Susan out of her prison jumpsuit and into the soft silk nightgown. Once he finished with that he noticed how the moonlight made her snow white face glow in the dark. He thought the moonlight made her look more beautiful than what she already was and he felt a sudden urge to kiss her forehead but suppressed it. He knew better than to cheat on Morticia.
~

Susan woke up to being in a soft bed and wearing a soft silk nightgown instead of her prison jumpsuit. While she was frightened because she didn't have the slightest idea where she was, she was glad to be out of prison and out of that jumpsuit.

"Maybe Lionel helped me escape just like he promised!" Susan thought hopefully.

"Lionel!?" Susan called. Soon she heard footsteps coming toward the bedroom and Lionel entered in a night shirt and cap.

"You're up!" Lionel said. "Did you sleep well?"

"I slept like a baby in spite of that horrible bed in the prison!" Susan answered.

"You must've had an echo time sleeping the night before." Lionel said.

"Indeed I did! I've always had trouble sleeping ever since I was a little girl." Susan said. "My mother took me to thousands of sleep therapists, put me on lots of medication, and took me to a mental hospital to where they did a great deal of sleep studies on me, and so many treatments but nothing worked!"

"I'm so sorry." Lionel said. "That had to have been hard for you."

"It really was...." Susan said. "I spent half my life being studied or researched. When I was eighteen I finally escaped my mother. She never loved me. She just thought I should be studied."

"You're not a matter of science. You're a human being and no one should treat you otherwise." Lionel said putting a supportive hand on Susan's hands.

"Thank you." Susan said. "It's been a long time since someone's treated me like a person."

Lionel and Susan stared into each other's eyes. They both believed they were two lost souls just getting to know the one person who matters most to them.

"Umm, I'd better start breakfast." Lionel said with butterflies in his stomach.

"Alright." Susan said.

Lionel walked downstairs and wanted to make something special for Susan. He didn't know what she liked, so he decided to make her eggs, bacon and muffins. He also grabbed some milk from the fridge and called Susan down to eat. They both talked over breakfast just like they talked over dinner the night before.

     Hey everyone!!! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I should've said something earlier but I DO NOT OWN any of these characters! They go to whoever owns them and I will be updating the cast sometime soon since I don't have some characters casted. See you all in the next chapter my lovelies!!! Byyeee!!!😁😁😁