Three Years Later

Marilyn was in her room, brushing her  blonde hair which she let grow out to her shoulders. She put her brush back on her vanity desk and looked back at her calendar that hung over her nightstand. Today, was the fifth of June. Today would be the day when the Mockingbird Heights College seniors would be graduating. Marilyn was excited to graduate. She majored in teaching and she wanted to be a teacher. She couldn't wait to start her first teaching job soon. She loved children and hoped to have her own children one day. Marilyn was snapped out of her thoughts when she heard a knock on her bedroom door. Lily pokes her head in.

"May I come in?" Lily asked.

"Of course, Aunt Lily." Marilyn said.  Lily walked in Marilyn's room and took Marilyn's hairbrush off her vanity desk and brushed through her now longer hair.

"Your hair's gotten quite long." Lily said.

"I know, but I like my long hair better than my short hair." Marilyn said.

"I do too." Lily said and sighed. "I can't believe my little girl is graduating today." Lily said stroking Marilyn's hair, and struggling to hold back tears.

"Oh Aunt Lily, don't cry." Marilyn said hugging her aunt.

"Oh, I can't help it dear, it seems like only yesterday you were just a baby." Lily said, a single tear steaming down her face. Lily wipes her tear away. "Oh, if this is what I'm like when my niece is graduating what will I be like when Eddie graduates."

"Eddies got a lot of time before that Aunt Lily." Marilyn said, hugging Lily.

"I know, but he's already twelve, and then he'll be thirteen." Lily said

"Time really does fly by fast." Marilyn said.

"Indeed, and Eddie will always be my baby. No matter how old he gets." Lily said struggling to hold the tears back now.

"Oh come now Aunt Lily." Marilyn said hugging her aunt. "I know I'm graduating from college but I'll still be here. Roger hasn't asked me to marry him yet."

Lily wipes her tears. "I hope he will. And you two have been together for three years now! It's about time he pops the question to my little girl." Lily said cupping Marilyn's face with one hand and stroking her cheek with her thumb.

"I know! This is the first boyfriend I've held down for this long! For once I didn't scare a boy away!" Marilyn said.

"That's wonderful dear." Lily said. "I've grown to like Roger and so has Uncle Herman."

"I'm glad you like him." Marilyn smiled.

"Do you ever wonder if Roger will pop a certain question??" Lily asked.

"Oh, aunt Lily...." Marilyn blushed.

"Well do you?" Lily smirked.

"All the time." Marilyn answered.

"So, you do want to Marry him..." Lily said, beaming.

"Of course I do! I loved him since the first moment I laid eyes on him." Marilyn said.

"Oh I'm sure he'll pop the question soon." Lily said patting Marilyn on the shoulder. Suddenly Herman knocked on the door.

"Are you two girls ready? If we don't hurry we'll be late!" Herman exclaimed.

"Almost Uncle Herman, I just have to put on my cap and then we can go." Marilyn smiled, getting her cap off the coat rack and putting it on her head. "Oh, did you all remember to invite the Addams'?"

"Of course! They're our closest friends!" Lily exclaimed.

The Munsters piled into their Munster coach and drove off to Mockingbird Heights College. Marilyn walked over to join her classmates and Lily, Herman, Grandpa, and Eddie went to the bleachers to meet the Addams'.