×2×

I rode to my mothers house alone, feeling nothing. I had forgotten all about Tibias, and it felt good. Not that I loved him or anything, but I'm taking the break up fairly.

    Now that I've had my fun, and got rid of my friendly ass boyfriend; I'm just craving to go home and cuddle with my baby, watching Dragon Tales.

    I pull up to my moms, parking beside an unfamiliar vehicle. Who does mom have in her house; around my child. I get out, peaking in this car as I head for the door.

    Nearing the house, there's laughter and mumbles, and my baby girl; giggling like crazy, coming from inside. "But really?" I say out loud, "mom ain't got no friends".

    My hand's on the knob; about to open the door, when my phone rings.

Text from 'BooCity'

BooCity: Big news. Call you in the am :*

    I ignore it, stepping in the house. 'Classic Felicity', text me like something is so huge, but never says what. I got tired of getting excited for news, and waiting all day and night; only for her to tell me she got some or something other else I don't care for.

   I kick my shoes off, balancing on the wall. Knowing mom is only in the dining room with her company, I try and pass there to find my baby.

    "Josie?" I coo, waiting for her to hear and come running for me. I thought she'd be in the living room watching TV, but no.

    Seeing my daughter is not there, I just follow the laughter and talking, to ask mom where Josie is.

    As I stood in the doorway, mom is at the table. It's her at the head, aunt Kim to the left, cousin Sondra next to her, and some man at the other end... holding my baby. His back is turned to me, but I see Josie, and she sees me.

    "You're back. Have fun?" mom smiles, as Josie grins; reaching for me.

    "I did. Hi aunt Kim, Sondra" I speak, reaching for my daughter.

    As I'm taking her from the mystery man, he turns to face me. I hug Josie, kiss her cheek, and sit her on my hip, as he greets me, "hey beautiful".

    I'm confused. My heart is racing, I just want to leave. I thank mom for babysitting, and start packing Josie's things, and cleaning the mess I assume she made here.

    The table watched me, shocked by my actions. Yea it's rude of me to just act as if he isn't here, but I have every right.

    They sat there, I guess; thinking I'll come to and talk.

    Realizing now that I'm by the door, Josie is dressed to go and I'm stepping back in my shoes, he gets up from the table.

    "Thanks again. Mom, I'm gone!" I call out, seeing him coming to follow me out.

    I put Josie in her car seat, buckle her in, and jump in the driver's seat. I go to close the door, but he's here, and stops it.

    "So you're running from me now?" he tilts his head.

    Never... ever. You'd think this run in would be different, but I never planned for it. I never thought of it, or how it'd go.

    "Why are you here, Dylan?" I roll my eyes.

    He smirks, like I already know the answer; which I do, "I wanted to see my daughter".

    He's been gone 3 years; what has him back here now, wanting to see Josie after he up and left her. I'm surprised he even knew he had a daughter.