×4×

"Playas they gone play, and haters they gonna hate. Ballers they gone ball. Shot callers they gonna call. That ain't got nothing to do, with me and you. That's the way it is" Felicity sang in the lunch room.

I walked up behind her, about to sit.

"So called friends, don't wanna see me with you. Behind my back, calling your cell and pager too. No matter what they do, I will stay true", she changed the words.

I giggle, she's so serious. I'm really not into Ethan, she can keep him.

"Some rude" I sit in front of her. She slides the headphones behind her head. "You know them ain't the words" I eye her.

"In my case...".

Ok, Felicity must be on her period or something, or on some new diet. "Felicity, stop. Remember when we were 7, we promised to never fight again? This..." I motion between us, "this is starting to look a lot like fighting".

"Fine" she drags out, "I'm sorry".

We hug over the table, "I'm sorry too. I guess we're growing up".

She smiles, "yea, maybe".

Patching things up with Felicity, we get to talking about that money Mrs. Union has come into. We both can't seem to figure out, who would give it to her, and why. When I asked if the guy had a name, she said he said he was an old friend.

I sit up straight, "well, I don't think she should use it". I don't trust it. We need more information.

"Maybe we can get her to hold off on using it, until we can find out who gave it to her" Felicity suggests.

.

After school, I pick Josie up from daycare like I always do, and take her to moms. Felicity is with me, for our shift later. I'm so happy it's Friday, and we don't work weekends.

Felicity grabbed Josie from the back, as Josie told her about moms new friend. I ignore them, going into the house. Mom is cooking up some good food; Mac and cheese, broccoli, baked honey garlic chicken; I hope dinner is done before we leave, I want a hot plate.

Mom cleaned her hands, coming to hug Felicity. "Hi mom, how are you?" Felicity cheeses, hugging mom with Josie still holding her hand.

"Nanny, where's your friend?" Josie looks around the room.

I scoop her up, kissing all over her face; going for the living room while mom and Felicity catch up.

"Josie, why are you looking for nanny's friend?", I sat her on my lap, on the couch.

"I like him mommy. He can fart with his arms" she chuckles, scrunching her face up. I can't help but laugh, "baby, I told you they're not farts; it's breaking wind".

"Sorry mommy" she grins, "nanny's friend calls it, cutting the cheese" she laughs real hard.

What is Dylan teaching my child? Of course he would have her talking about "cutting the cheese".

Felicity joins us on the couch, taking Josie from me, "foods almost done. We're getting fed today, girl".

"Good, I'm starving. We need to go grocery shopping; don't we Josie?" I poke her neck, causing her to crash into Felicity's shoulder; trying to run from my finger.

Felicity laughs, telling me to stop. Mom called me into the kitchen. I walk in, and she's folding the macaroni into the cheese mix. "Yes mother?".

She gave me a look, and yes; I know what she wants. I sit on the island, "I don't know. He hasn't asked to see her yet, he never asked for my number to contact me when he wants to see her, he's just trying to get in my head".

"Baby, you gotta put effort in as well".

"Why? I didn't leave my daughter behind. Does everyone not see that!? If he really wants to be in her life, he will tell me; instead of creeping at your place, while I'm at work. If not; we've been doing fine and dandy without him".

I'm not gonna force Dylan, to see his daughter. It's his decision. Mom let out a long breath of air, turning back to the stove, "I don't know what you guys talk about, but I'm getting a completely different story from him".

"Well, I'd appreciate if you stop letting him come over while Josie is here. She's becoming too fond of him, and I don't want her to get let down when he up and leaves again".

Mom pours the Mac and cheese into a casserole dish, putting it in the oven, "he told me, he's staying".

"Lies!" I shout. I don't care what he says, he needs to prove to me; he's going to be a present dad.

Felicity enters the room, sitting on the counter with me, "who's lying?".

Mom minds her business, cutting the broccoli and throwing it in the strainer. I don't want to tell City; Dylan's back, but I trust her. The more people that know, the more people thinking they know whats best for my daughter. I can take opinions, but no on knows the real Dylan; to be judging his character.

"Dylan's back".

Felicity kept quiet, digging at her nails. I go on, answering all the questions; I know she wants answers to. "He's been back a few days now, he met Josie, she likes him, she doesn't know... and no I'm not happy".

Mom huffed, causing City and I to stare at the back of her. "What mom?" I suck my teeth.

She hummed, cutting the broccoli. "Mom, speak up. I hate when you do that". Huffing, or making a face; clearly disagreeing, but won't say it.

"Ester, don't act as if you are so grown up and over him. You brought the boy over here, at 15; claiming 'oh, this my boyfriend'. Then, disobeyed me, acting all out of sorts for him. You ran away for a week, scaring the hell out of me. Some 'I'm not happy he's here'. Yea, right" she mocks me.

Felicity stayed quite again, containing a laugh from mom impression of me. "I am over it, and I don't sound like that. If he's here for any reason, it should be for his daughter; I'm done with him".

As I complete my sentence, in walks Dylan. I roll my eyes, "speak of the devil".

×

×

×

×

×

×

×

×

Multimedia, Dylan (Dreux Frederic)

RealVisionary