×7×

I woke up, looking for my weekend. After yesterday, I felt completely drained; emotionally. Ethan has a secret surprise for City, Josie loves all of her new clothes, and I told her we were hanging with Dylan today. I figured if she knows, then I can't back out; right?

    I did my little bit of math homework, while Josie picked out one of her new outfits. Dylan called, just as I was packing up.

    "Good morning, lovely".

    "Good morning, Dylan". I'm being nice, to keep my mood up.

    "Are my two girls ready, for a day of fun?".

    "Your one girl, is still choosing an outfit. I just need to braid my hair".

    "She definitely gets that from me" he laughs.

    "Yea she does. I stopped letting her pick out her daycare clothes; taking all day".

    "What about you; do you still have to thoroughly wash your face, before you can step out the house?".

    Mom is a clean freak, so my house, body, and face are always cleaned right.

    "Yes, but it's not so much. I calmed down". Josie exists her bedroom, in her baggy white skinny jeans, a cheetah print tank top, and purple Jordans. I grin, "try again sweetie".

    "I always loved that you actually cared about yourself; inside and out. Not many girls do; they bank everything on good genes".

    I loved that a guy cared, that a girl cared to take care of herself. It felt as if Dylan and I were a match made in heaven; when we met, and couldn't no one tell us different.

    "Gotta stay healthy; ya know".

    "I know" he spoke in a soft tone. "Listen, I'm gonna pick you guys up; in about 20 minutes".

    I tell Dylan I have my own car, and we'll meet him at Smittys for breakfast. I don't want him to know where I live, and with my car; I can storm off if something goes left.

    He laughed at how I was acting, and let me go. This time, Josie came out in a small ugly dress; she got from some relative last year. I hold a giggle, "honey, that doesn't fit. Here, let mommy help".

.

.

    I put the car in park, realizing Dylan parked beside me. He waited for us outside. He said he wanted us to walk in together.

    He took one look at Josie in the back, and lit up. I found a cute dress for her, and fixed her hair into two curly puffs.

    When Josie saw him out the window, she lit up too. "Nanny's friend. Mommy, look" she points, as Dylan opens the door to get her out.

    "I see him, baby". Dylan unbuckled her, and she clung to his neck. I roll my eyes, walking behind them.

    We get inside, and are seated quickly. Josie sat beside me, in a high chair, and Dylan in front of us. Our drinks come, as we get to talking.

    "This is it" Dylan speaks a bit nervous, sticking his straw in the glass of milk he asked for. He started blowing bubbles, to impress Josie.

    "Mommy look. Nanny's friend can make bubbles" she points.

    I smile, "I see baby. Josie, do you know 'nanny's friend's' name?". I'm sure they would have at least told her his name.

    She keeps smiling, as Dylan smiles at her; looking for her answer.