HE'S SPIDERMAN, DUDE

Peter wasn't bedridden for long. In fact, it was less than two hours after he woke up that they were all seated on Happy's jet once again, on route to their next destination.
"Did they tell you where we're going?" Ned whispered to Peter about twenty minutes into their flight. Peter shook his head warily, still a bit sore and very lost in thought. He trusted Happy to do what was best for everyone so he didn't find himself too desperate for answers regarding their destination. He had other things on his mind.
"Peter," Flash called about five minutes later, walking unsteadily towards Peter on the moving aircraft. He leaned down so that he could speak quietly into Peters ear. "Are, uh, are we good?"
Peter looked at Flash in confusion. Had they ever been good? The intensity on Flash's face made it seem like it was important to him though, so Peter found himself nodding. "Um, yeah, Flash. Sure, we're good." Flash looked visibly relieved, which confused Peter even more, but he didn't offer any further explanation. He gave Peter a small thumbs up and turned to return to his seat.
Peter leaned back in his plush seat, closing his eyes and attempting to shut off all the chaos inside his head. He could really use a nap right now, but no sooner had the thought of taking one popped into his head, someone was tapping on his knee to get his attention.
"What?" Peter asked a little more forcefully than he would have ordinarily. MJ seemed a little taken aback by this, sitting straighter in the seat opposite Peter. "Sorry," Peter said, running a hand through his hair. "The past few days have been rough."
MJ nodded in understanding, then leaned forward, beckoning with a finger that he should do the same. Peter did so, meeting her half way between their seats, close enough that they could talk without being overheard.
"I'm worried about you," MJ whispered. Peter rose an eyebrow.
"Why would you be worried about me?" He asked, trying to act as though there really were nothing to worry about. MJ wasn't buying it.
"We'll discuss that later, but..." she trailed off,  glancing around the jet at everyone doing various things. Flash was on his phone, Brad raiding a mini fridge, Betty and Ned laughing together. "Is it really good for you to have everyone along with you like this?"
Peter shrugged. The same thing had even weighing on his mind. Would his friends and classmates be safer with him or without him now that there was a target on his back.
"I mean," MJ carried on.  "Brad and Flash have never been very nice to you. You're going through some tough stuff right now, do you want people around who are going to mess with you the way they have done before?"
"I don't know," Peter said, shaking his head. "Happy said the more people I have in my court the better, you know,  since that video villainised me and all that. And they seem to be in my court..."
"They better be," MJ said firmly, staring daggers at Flash and Brad despite the fact that they weren't even looking their way. "I'll mess them up if they do anything to hurt you."
Peter laughed softly, reaching for MJ's hand. "You're cute when you're worried and mad," he said. MJ shook her head, blushing a little.
"Hey, Pete?" Ned called from the other side of the jet. "How long is this flight going to take?"
"If I don't know where we're going how am I meant to low how long it will take?" Peter responded, slightly annoyed at being the one who got asked all the questions and at being interrupted with MJ.
"I just thought someone might have mentioned it," Ned said, shrugging one shoulder.
"You are Spiderman," Brad said. "You'd think they'd trust Spider Man with something so important, but turns out he's just a little kid."
"Brad!" Flash exclaimed, hitting his friend lightly on the arm. "He's Spiderman, dude, stop it."
"And now we know why Spiderman was always the most useless superhero. Say Peter, can you do a trick for us? That's probably all you're good at."
Peter didn't move. He sat still, jaw clenched and eyes staring straight ahead. He could vaguely hear MJ yelling at Brad and Flash complaining about how it was still Spiderman they were talking about, but mostly he was just inside his own head.
Was he only good at doing tricks and things like that? He certainly didn't seem to have been much help elsewhere. With Mysterio maybe when no one else was there but had he kept Thanos from succeeding before he died in space? Had he been any good when it came to saving Natasha or Tony Stark?
"Peter! Peter!" Peters head jerked up and he saw his aunt May standing over him, concern written across her face. She looked around at everyone, shooting a hard glare at Brad before tugging at Peters arm. "Come on," she said firmly. "You're coming up front with me and Happy."

___

Well there's an update, finally!

This fanfic wasn't really taking off and I got a bit distracted and logged out of my account a couple months back, so when I logged in this morning for the first time in ages and saw how many people had read and commented since then it was insane!

Thank you all for taking the time to read this lil fic, I'm planning on updating more frequently but for now here's a bit of a filler chapter that I just decided to write before I went to bed just so there'd at least be something.

Sorry for the wait 😬💕

Enjoy!