.7.

"Aiden, hold dad's hand." Alec says to his son who's running circles around us both as we walk down the sidewalk, mingling with the masses as we make our way to the stadium entrance.

"He's got a lot of energy." I comment, wish I had some.

Alec gives me a flat look. "You're telling me. He's been up since six too."

On one of Aiden's passes, Alec swoops him into his arms. "Listen bud, there's a lot of people here. I need you to stay close and turn your listening ears on."

It's weird seeing Alec being dad. It makes me realize just how messed up I am. How incapable I am at ever being like that.

"What your name?" Aiden stretches out a finger toward me.

Alec's already told him to call me Uncle Drew but I don't feel worthy of that title. The kids been alive for three years and this is my first time meeting the towhead.

"Drew." I smile. "Did you know your dad and I were best friends when we were little. Grew up down the street from each other."

He studies me for a minute as we cross the street. "You that Drew?"

"What?" I mumble, thrown off by his question but Alec shuts it down telling him to shush.

He spins in Alec's arms even though I'm still processing his weird question when he starts screaming for Alec to set him down. It only takes a second before Alec drops his feet to the ground and the kid takes off. I follow the streak of white blond through the crowd before he collides with a tall frame and I instantly understand what Drew I am.

I'm the one that fucked everything up.

"Hey Owen." Alec says, giving him a hug even though Owen's busy managing Aiden as he climbs on him.

Alec pulls away and I can't bring myself to do anything other than stare at my feet.

"Drew." Owen says in way of greeting.

"Uncle O! Uncle O! Uncle O!" Aiden screams through laughter as Owen swings him over his shoulder with one arm.

"What's up cheesehead?" Owen asks Aiden which only makes the kid crack up more.

"Aiden you know you can't climb on Uncle Owen like that." Alec scolds him.

Owen blows him off though. "He's fine."

And all I can do is stand there and watch it all happen. I'm out of place.

"Are we gonna go watch a ball game or stand here and bullshit?" Owen asks, seemingly unfazed by the wiggling child on his shoulder.

Alec reaches out for Aiden, pulling him from Owen. They have a quiet moment that I'm not sure Aiden's even listening to.

"I didn't know you were going to be here." I tell Owen because I feel like I need to apologize for being here.

For existing.

"I didn't know you would be either." He says.

"I can just leave."

His brown eyes meet mine and I recognize that look. He's about to tell me to fuck off or some version of it.

"Don't be fucking stupid." He barks.

I was close.

"Owen language. Please." Alec pleads but Owen just dismisses him with a wave of his hand.

"Come on cheesehead, lets go watch the game." He opens his hand up and Aiden instantly puts his in Owen's and without another look the two walk off.