Day 8 Annoying

Day 8

Vansh was not here yet. He had another meeting.

I honestly don't know whether this is a work trip or a relaxing trip. Like why don't we have any damn relaxing time? All I get to hear from the clients are 'ma'am could you help us save tax', 'please write a good report' etc etc. Even after completing my work, I have to work.

LET ME BREATH.

LET ME DO MY WORK IN PEACE.

stupid clients. stupid cases.

I sighed and decided that I was too frustrated to do any kind of work and headed to my room. Also, Vansh was assigned to bring home food which meant no cooking duty. Only one good thing out of this situation.

I opened my cupboard and chose a simple black night suit. I am so thankful to the ones who packed my other bag and decided to keep at least some pajamas. I loved wearing them, they were so comfy.

Although wearing those nightgowns made me feel weirdly confident, Pyjamas always win. I headed to my bathroom which was connected to my bedroom. The bathroom was simple yet pretty. It was covered with blue tiles, with a little bathtub cum shower on the side. On another side was a tap and arrangement for a bucket bath.

Another part has a washroom for all the dirty business and in front of that was a washbasin. Both parts were divided with a curtain. I decided it was a bathtub day and turned the tap on to fill the tub with burning hot water. How do people even bath with cold water? It's so inauspicious!

I tied my hair in a bun and discarded my formal clothes. Honestly, formals SUCK! They make you look professional and confident but on the inside, it's all sweaty and uncomfortable.

I sighed and entered the tub which was filled with boiling hot water. I closed my eyes, leaning against the edge of the tub, enjoying the bath.

****

"He is literally so clingy!"

"That is what I was trying to convince her," Sakshi replied, giving the same energy.

"Like really, he's such a creep. I don't like him already. Who the hell does that? Also, he is obnoxious and arrogant, and whatnot!" I continued my rant but suddenly heard something fall down loudly.

I opened the door of my room to find Vansh standing with bags that had food in them. He however had a weird look on his face.

"Hey Sakshi, Vansh came home. I will talk to you later okay? bye"

"Yeah sure, do give me the details tho" I could hear the smirk in her voice. I rolled my eyes and replied.

"Whatever" I ended the call and kept my phone on the table.

"Let me take them. You go and freshen up, I will serve the food" I said smiling.

He just nodded and left. Not a Word. Did I do something again? Because that's not him. That's not Vansh. There is something wrong.

I frowned, making a mental note to ask him, and headed towards the kitchen to take the food out and serve it. I just finished serving the food and Vansh comes out wearing his black t-shirt and black sweatpants which really looked good on him.

With just a mere sight of him, my stomach exploded with butterflies. But, he still had that ashen look on his face.

"How was your day?" I asked hoping he would tell me what was wrong.

"Good" that's it? Just one syllable. Only one.

"My day was so tiring. But Sakshi called me today. When you came back, I was talking to her. Poured my heart out to her and she ranted about almost everything and anything, but it was so good talking to her after these many days." I said trying to initiate a conversation.

But his face, if possible, fell even more. Was that something I said?

"That's great," he said looking at the plate. He was just playing with the food and not eating it.

"Are you okay?" I asked him, placing my hand on his.

"Yeah. I'm fine" He looked up and gave me a forced smile. I did not ask anymore and started playing with my food.

Both of us were sitting there in awkward silence, playing with food, and taking small bites once in a while.

"I'm really not hungry. I'm tired and I'm going to sleep ''. He rushed out and did not even give me a chance to say anything. But this early?

Vansh was always very serious about food. He didn't let people skip meals easily and today he was doing this? Something was really wrong.

Even I did not feel hungry anymore and decided to store the food in the fridge and sleep.

****

I was just about to turn the knob of the door and enter my room when I heard something, most probably a vase, fall from Vansh's room. I hurried towards his room. He might have hurt himself!

I opened the door without knocking and the sight did not disappoint me.

Vansh's room was no doubt better than mine. So neat and aesthetic. King-sized bed in the middle with small drawers on both sides. Both of them had lamps on them. Opposite the bed was a Television, and below it was a dresser, where a number of things were beautifully arranged. There was a white carpet covering a considerable amount of floor. His room was a really good mixture of White, black and gray.

Vansh was standing near the edge of the dresser and near his feet on the floor was lying a broken beautiful white flower vase. I rushed towards him and took his left hand in my hands which seemed swollen.

He winced as I touched his hand.

"You are such a stupid man. And the clumsiest too. How could you knock this vase off? Are you blind? What am I going to do with you my whole life? Look! Look at this! Your hand is so swollen. So careless. "

I continued shouting at him while treating his swollen hand. I dragged him out of his room and applied for the medicine on his hand and also covered his hand with an orthopedic band.

"Idiot" I muttered everytime he winced, when I touched his wound.

"I am sorry for troubling you," he said with a sad look on his handsome face. We were sitting on the edge of my bed.

"It's not always about me, Vansh. Can't you see? You are so badly hurt."

"I'll live" he tried to give me a smile but failed miserably.

"You are impossible," I said and hugged him to comfort him. He was reluctant at first but then eventually gave in and hugged back, tightly. This was the first time I was initiating something. Nervousness crept in me but I pushed it away with all my internal might.

This was his time. He needed to feel good. He needed to be comforted.

Maybe he needed some time? Tomorrow I'll be able to make him smile.

****

Hey Potatoes <3

Thank you for reading. I hope you like it.

Thank you for reading my story. It means the world to me!

Vote + Comment and add the book to your library to never miss an update.

Ishita :)