Day 27 Room

Day 27

Goa's traffic was nothing compared to Mumbai's traffic. Driving cars was so peaceful here, without all the air pollution and noise pollution.

Driving a car with slow music on, I couldn't help myself but to think about him. Yesterday was perfect. Although it did hurt me, the hot shower rinsed away all the pain and insecurities. I felt more close to him. I don't know how to explain it but I felt content.

The following morning, I woke up with a bit of pain but after another shower it was all okay. I had to rush to the office as I woke up late. I thankfully reached the office in time, everyone gave me warm smiles, making me feel welcomed.

Sara was not here. To say I was over the moon would be an understatement. I was practically a ball of happiness because of her absence. By noon, we all were ready with the conclusions and evidence. I had to sign on the work I did, so it didn't take much time for me, the whole remaining meeting, I was sitting like an idiot.

After a few hours, as I was about to leave the office, someone called my name.

"Ahaana" I turned around to see the source of the voice.

It was Sara, standing there wearing a t-shirt and jeans with no makeup on. She looked more beautiful.

It was honestly irrelevant to me if you did makeup or not, but if you do makeup, you should do it for yourself and not to show others. Sara did this to show others and that never looked good.

"Yes?" I said formally.

"Look, I'm here to say sorry, that's it." She tried to say it arrogantly but it came out as an apology.

"Um..Okay?" I didn't understand. A sudden change of heart? Or is there something fishy here?

"I'm not going to repeat myself. I made a mistake by saying all those things. All of them were lies" she gushed out and left me dumbstruck there. I didn't understand why she said that, but it's a good thing she understood her mistake, and that's important. As for Vansh, I knew he was innocent in all this but this didn't let my overthinking mind think about the girl he told he loved.

I pushed all those thoughts away and looked at the retreating figure of sara, whom I probably won't ever meet again. I was confused at her apology.

I guess you don't get answers to everything in your life.

****

I was about to ring the doorbell but a mischievous idea made its way to my mind. I took the house key out of my purse and opened the door using it.

The house was empty, much to my dismay. I called his name a few times to check if he was in the bed room but he was not.

I wanted to scare him by making weird noises. I frowned and pulled out my phone to see if there were any messages from him but there were none.