↘︎ chapter twenty

20 | Christmas at Wales

The next morning, Marley Macmillan woke up sad. She had fallen asleep while painting her drawing last night, and she had no idea when she was asleep, nor what time it was now. At least today was Sunday and she didn't have to worry about being late for her classes. She quickly went to the bathroom to wash and take a shower, then put on a soft cream sweater and a black wedge. She combed her hair and let it fall freely around her shoulders, then grabbed her sketchbook and pencil, going down to Gryffindor's common room.

There weren't many people there and she assumed they had come downstairs for breakfast. The clock showed it was about eight o'clock in the morning. She only saw Angelina Johnson and Lee Jordan on one of the red sofas. Marley approached her friends. "Where are Fred and George?"

They were writing their homeworks and when noticed Marley, they raised up their heads. Lee was the first one to break the silence. "They're still at the Great Hall. We came--"

"They told us what happened at Zonko's after you left." added Angelina with a sad voice. "Marley, they're feeling terrible about what happened. Can you--"

"We'll talk later." Marley cut her friend off and tried to smile sweetly, showing that everything was okay. She left the common room and quickly went down the stairs which were changing their position. She was really hungy but wanted to find Fred and George as soon as possible. She had to excuse for acting like a bitch last night and that she ruined their All Saint's Day mood.

The girl was almost running down the stone stairs like she was incredibly late for Potions classes with Snape, which were taking place in the Dungeons. She reached the Great Hall and the double wooden doors opened. It wasn't that full as Marley expected. She almost immediately saw Fred and George, who were ruefully eating their breakfast. They were with their backs to the door and couldn't notice her. That was what she wanted.

She quietly approached them and wrapped her hands around their shoulders, pulling them in e hug. They removed their emtpy brown eyes from their plates to see who was it and Fred's eyes widened as he saw Marley's familiar hair and the girl herself hugging them.

"I'm so sorry, boys." she blurted out with sweet voice and rested her head on one of the boys' shoulder for a moment. "You don't have the right to feel bad because there was no way you could know. But I just got upset. I'm okay now."

"You forgive us?" asked George in amazement as both twins pulled away so Maley could sit between them on the bench. She smiled brightly and nodded. "But yesterday we told you so many things that sounded really harsh."

"It's okay. Don't bother your little heads with this now." she joked, trying to raise up their spirits and show the ginger twins she was okay and there was nothing they should worry about.

"Are you telling that we're stupid?" Fred raised up his eyebrow and George just laughed.

"I think that's what she said, Freddie. But we deserve it, so keep going Huffy-Puffy."

"Don't call me like that or you're gonna meet the amazing smells of dungbombs in your beds." Marley warned thim but a smirk was touching her lips and the three of them burst into laughter. She realised she was really attached to the Weasley twins, who had only one negative feature. You couldn't be angry with them for too long.

                                        ***

The Christmas break came quicker than Marley expected and she couldn't wait to get home for the holidays. However, she had one idea in mind. She wanted Fred and George to come to her home for the holidays after she had spent a whole month with them at the Burrow, and all of the above didn't know, but Mrs. Weasley never told her godmother about the incident in August when they flew to London. Molly Weasley had agreed immediately, but Marley had to send at least ten letters to her mother, Brielle Macmillan, before she could convince her. Still, bringing Fred and George into her hometown meant that her mother had to reveal that she wasn't really dead.