Ch 9: Assistant

Y/n's POV.

I let out a small smile of relief once the doctor said that I can go home but..before i leave, they gave me a prescription of  various pain killers and vitamins to help me deal with my broken bone's nasty effects while recovering. I sigh and put the prescription note on my pocket and put my f/c earphones on my ears, and take a paper bag with my free hand which MadSci brought yesterday.

I'm glad that he brought me a well refined clothes that fits on my taste or else, I would leaving this premises wearing my tattered school uniform and that's really..embarrassing.

After filling up those discharge papers myself, I thanked the nurse and leave the nurse station with a smile. As I heading out, I suddenly remember that Kokona and the others will didn't know that I'm no longer staying in this place where Satan spawns. Should I texted them? I don't want to see them upset or hear Osana's loud cringy scoldings.

Once I'm out of that building, i went to the park and sat on a empty bench, grabbing my phone out of my pocket gently and starts to inform them and play one of my favorite songs to brighten up my day. I stayed at the park for almost an hour and saw the beautiful sunset that I've always seen when the school's over and walking home with my friends.

Ah, such nostalgic happy days..I'm going to experience them again tomorrow. That's for sure..

I draped my f/c blazer jacket on my shoulders and stood up, its going dark soon and I have to go home. While walking, i stop at Shisuta Town to buy a ice cream, milk, another set of cast slings and meds in the prescription note. Once I'm done shopping, I saw a Cafe on the street, Hm..I should eat dinner before going home since I can't cooked and even washed dishes in this state of mine.

*Shrug*

Aww..that hurts. I shake my head for being so reckless and enter to the Maid Cafe.

"Welcome to the Maid Caf–...". I blinked my e/c eyes when I saw a familiar face, greeting me with a shocking expression. "Y-Y/n?.".

"Hi, Ayano.". I said with a smile since I can't wave my hand or my other hand to greet her.

Her eyes stares my broken arm and looked completely worried. "What are you doing here? Shouldn't you still resting in Shisuta Hospital? Is your arm okay? Are YOU okay? ". She starts asking me with multiplying questions. I lightly giggled at her behavior and she quickly responds with a light pink blush searing through her cheeks.

"I was discharged earlier and going to eat before I go home.". I simply stated. "And I'm fine, the doctors said that my arm would heal in just 10 weeks.".

"Oh..is that so?". She said with a hint of relief in her tone. "Well..come on in. I'll lead you to your table.". She surprisingly take out the paper bag on my hand and held my free hand while gently taking me to a empty table.

She led me to a empty table at then end of the Cafe, I look to my left and right to see that there's only a few people in here and there's so many vacant tables in the middle part of the Cafe. I didn't question her since she's likely in a good mood and i don't want to ruin it. Even though it's somewhat weird and creepy to me..

"What's your order M..-Y/n?.". I was pulled out on my thoughts when she starts taking and saw that she already held the menu in front of me.

"Uh..Ayano? I can hold it mysel–..".

"No, you're a costumer and I'm a maid here so please don't stop me from serving you.". She said softly but sternly. "Now, i repeat..what's your order?.". I quickly looked back to the menu and pick a suitable food to eat.

Good lord..

What's with the intimidating presence?

TIMESKIP

After that good meal and pay the bills with my credit card. I was going to say goodbye to Ayano and head back home but to my surprise, she's isn't in her maid uniform anymore and now wearing her old school uniform. She's talking to her manager for a moment then she bows and leave the Cafe before running towards my direction.

"I'm sorry to keep you waiting.". Ayano said. "Let's go home.".

"Wait, what are you doing here? Don't you still have a job to work at?". I ask.

"Don't worry about it, I'm just a part time waitress there and also my shift ends up at 8. I said that I will going home early to help you..". She plainly stated.

"Oh, I see. Thank you Ayano and I'm sorry if you have to do that..". I didn't declined her help because I really need someone to help me with these bags.

Ayano replies with a saccharine smile which stuns me for a short amount of time. I haven't seen her smile like that, not even in school. She notices it and she giggles before poking my left cheek with her finger.

"You're spacing out.". She said as she gently taking the bags out of my hands and carry it.

"Huh? N-no..it's just..I've never seen you smile before. It's really cute when you smile like that.". I complement her and she just blush even more and avert her eyes and look in the other way.

I cant help but to laugh as i saw her fluttered expression. While walking towards the bus stop point, I grab my phone and text someone. I saw Ayano's starring at my phone so I immediately type and send the message.

"Who's your texting with?". She asked out of the blue, still eyeing on my phone.

"A close relative of mine. I send a message to inform them that I am finally discharged at the hospital and going to school tomorrow.". I said and turn off my phone before putting it on pocket.

The bus arrives and commute to get home, Ayano said that I should seat near to the window so my broken arm won't accidentally be bumped by the other commuters, I thanked her and sat there and she carefully sat beside me. As the ride goes on, even though I'm looking through the window, I can feel a pair of starring eyes on me. It's truly  uncomfortable, I must say..

As soon as we arrive on the entry point, I self her where she lives and said that she's going to escort me until I got home. I was going to refuse because I only have broken arm and I can go home by myself but her persistence beats me and again.. I'll let her. Seriously, why is she so..determined to accompany me until I get home?

"Are you sure you want to go to school tomorrow? Don't you need some rest before doing that?". She asked again with a worrying tone.

"I'm already in my finest shape Ayano so no need to worry..and besides, i just want to spend my time and hang with everyone again like before. I kinda miss those moments much..". I said and smile.

"If you insists..but if you need someone to assists you, you can give me a call and I'll come within a minute.". She said and gave a small piece of paper to me.

"Thanks for your offer though. About that, I already have someone to assists me. . I said and she looked at me with those shocking eyes.

"S-someone? Who? A r-relative?". She asked, stutteringly.

"No, it's Kokona.". I said and saw her left eye twitches when I say Kokona's name to her.

"That b-..girl?".

"Yeah. She said that she's the one who's responsible for my injuries and still blames herself for that incident. So, to ease her guilt and to help her to ear-..err move on, I hired her as my assistant for the time being.". Gosh, I almost slip that event to Ayano. Good thing I held my mouth or else..Kokona won't forgive me for breaking my promise.

She went dead silent and looks so disappointed, guilt suddenly kicked in my living conscience when I rejected her offer for Kokona who's in deeply need of money to pay her father's debt in a legal way.