Ch 14: Dear Companion

Ayano's POV.

I am sitting beside my Y/n, concerned and worried while glancing her solemnly expression as she sat on the edge of the fountain. After that horrifying scene she just saw earlier, I'm sure that she's scared. Not to mention those dumb police interrogates and almost gave her a nerve cracking-breakdown. *sigh*

If I am only allowed to..I would like to hug her again like before. She's so..warm, soft and shaky. That moment made me blush darkly and sweetly savouring it while trying to calm my trembling Y/n down in my arms.

Once the investigation is over and they've solved this Murder-Suicide case, the police stated that we were all free to leave the school's premises and go home. I set my gaze back to my Angel, her adorable e/c eyes blinked twice before she stood up and let out a heavy sigh.

"Well, it's time for me to go home..". She lowly muttered and look to me with such tired eyes. "Thank you for being with me at this time, Ayano. I do really enjoy your company.". She said and weakly smile.

"Please, think nothing of it. It is my duty to keep an eye on you at all times.".

"What?".

She surprisingly stated which made my eyes widen and startled out of the blue.

Shoot, why did I say that all out loud to her?! Quick! Explain yourself before she could think that your stalking her!!

"I mean..it is my duty to comfort and keep an eye on you because you are my friend.". I said as I stare to her doubtful tired eyes nervously. "Friends should always help and protect each other in bad or worse times, right?".

She didn't say anything and giggled. Wait, D-did she just giggle? Does that mean..

"Thank you. I'll be going now. Se–..".

"Wait!". I rudely cut her off.

Geez, I'm so sorry love but I won't let you go home by your own. Not in this day...

"I know this is kind of a sudden but.. Can I come over to your house?". I asked, trying not to get it sound a bit weird.

"Of course you can, you said you can't anyway?.". She replied with a light laugh.

And now she's laughing too? I guess..I lighten up her good mood. Way to go Ayano!

"But you should inform your parents that you'll be home late. I don't want you to get scolded because of me..". Y/n said with a concerned tone.

"It's alright. My parents were taking a vacation in America, they won't be home in a month or two..I think?.". I reassured her.

"Oh. Well then, let's stop at the convenient store to buy some snacks. My treat.". My lovingly Y/n said as she goes to take her bag leaning under the fountain.

But I was too quick to take an action and grab her bag first before she could even grab it.

"Sorry but..I will be taking this..". I said and hang her bag on my shoulder.

"But..".

"No buts Y/n. Let's get going.". I take her free hand and gently yanking her away to the school grounds and head to the nearest convenient store.

While were walking, my heart's beating so damn fast like it wants to breakout through my body. I am holding her soft hand again..this sensation sends a rhythmic jolts of ecstasy in my mind.

*Sigh* I wish she feels the same way as I do right now..

"Ayano?".

My daydreaming moments were being hindered by the sweet melodic voice of my love.