Ch 26: Hunting Her

Y/n's POV.

After that incident happened at the festival, everybody's acting so strange and starts to be more paranoid. Those happy morning turned into a gloomy ones and I..I can't help but to feel that sorrowful emotion that lingers all around the school.

*sigh*

Everybody's devastated and in full gloom. Why must this be happened in the first place? I thought I found a better place to live along with my new friends but..it turns out the same as the other places that I've been visited before.

I feel so sad and drained.

The Photography Club, the Martial Arts club, and the Light Music Club. All of them were all disbanded within a blink of an eye. Plus, some of the other students were still missing and still no progress report on them.

Why..why does everything fades away?

I was silently walking towards my classroom when I encountered a classmate heading to the same class. She averted her gaze from me and held her black book tightly.

"G-Good morning.". Oka shyly said, her head is still down and doesn't want to look up to me.

"Good morning Oka.". I replied with a small smile before going inside and place my bag beside my desk and sigh.

The atmosphere..I don't like it.

I walked towards the window and opened them up, making the cold breezy wind flows inside the room and make Oka shiver a bit. Still, the cold air passes through my face and gives a cold but calm sensation to me.

Cold, shivering silence...I hate it.

I thought that calmness would last quite longer but..I was wrong. My e/c eyes saw Ayano and S/n walking together at the school entrance. I frowned for a moment, and when did those two get closer on each other? I said to myself.

S/n saw me starring to them and waved with a greeting smile. While Ayano, she's slightly surprised to see me as she quickly bows on S/n and run towards the school building, she's probably going to greet me here but since I am not in the rightful mood right now, I head out to the classroom and go to the Plaza where Taro usually hangs around and sits on the edge of the fountain.

When I reached the fountain, I didn't expect to see someone sitting on the edge this early. He casts his gaze on me and let out a small smile.

"Good morning Y/n.". Taro said and settle down the book that he's reading on his lap.

"Good morning Taro.". I said and do a simple wave at him. "This is the first time I see you in this early hour.".

"Yeah. I was just spending my time here while waiting for you, Osana and Raibaru to come.". Taro said.

"Ah, I see.". I slowly approached to him and point the vacant space beside him. "Can I?".

"Of course, suit yourself.". He replied and scoot away to me to give more space.

"Thanks.". I said and sat on the edge of the fountain beside him and do a shallow sigh.

"Are you..okay?". Taro asked in a worrying tone while he settle his eyes on me.

"No.". I simply replied.

"Of course you're not. Why would I even asked.". He said and somehow facepalmed himself for asking a silly question.

I lightly chuckles as a respond before I spoke, "Say, what will happened to Akademi High now? I mean..with these tragedies, can the school remained it's prestigious name? Can it still function without this..fear lurking around the premises?".