Ch 23: Sabotage Part 1

Y/n's POV.

Friday.

Today is the annual school festival and I'm quite nervous/excited since this is my first time participating in a special event with my friends. I wish I can enjoy this day with a full bright smile but sadly..I can't. It may sound quite rude to hear but I don't really trust my sister. She betrayed me after all. If she's going to the fair, then the best possible action to make is to avoid her at all cost.

I don't want to go back to that hell hole again..not now.

"Drowning into your thoughts again, Pilot?". I turn around and see MadSci leaning onto the door with a smile.

"Not really.". I said and picked up my f/c pocket watch on the nightstand. "You know, it is awfully unmanly to barge in into a lady's room without even knocking.".

"Hey! I wasn't even inside so I am not rude..and definitely not a damn pervert!". He quickly defensed.

"Yea sure.". I said, chuckling. He only responded with a glare.

"Regardless, thank you for letting me stay in your house, MadSci.". I said while rearranging some of my things inside my f/c dapple bag. "I can't stay in my own house when S/n..I mean Yuno's lurking around like a stray cat.".

"Don't mention it, Pilot.". He said. "Say, your sister like that name pretty much, isn't she?".

"You bet.". I replied along with a heavy sigh.

"*chuckle* I just got a message from Shion. He said that my minions...i mean club members were already waiting for me at the science club". MadSci said.

"Is that so, i will finished this sling up and we we're good to go.". I said and started to fumbling my f/c sling but I can't fix it properly.

Madsci saw my everyday problem with the sling so he slowly steps in and helped me readjust it. "You're wearing this everyday but still, you can't readjust it? Ha! Poor you.".

"Hey! It's really hard to do if you're only using one hand!". I blurted out.

"Lame Excuse..". He said and raised both his arms like a conductor when he's finished. "There, all done, your grace.".

Once everything is settled, Madsci calls a taxi and we commute all the way down to the school. While I was listening to my music playlist, my phone vibrates. I took it out from my pocket, push the power button, unlocked my phone's password and swipe the screen to read the message.

Hi, Y/n. Where are you?
From: Ayano.

I am on my way to the school with a friend.
Sent from: Ayano.

A friend? This early?
From: Ayano.

Yeah.
Sent from: Ayano.

A few minutes went by and she didn't reply back.

Hmm.. That's strange.

I simply shrugged my shoulders and take my phone back on my pocket and keep listening to my playlist while looking at the car window with a bothered expression marking on my face. We arrived to the school, MadSci was the first one to step out to the car before me. While heading to the school's gate entrance, I can clearly saw three..four familiar figures standing there. MadSci and I walked towards them and greeted them with a cheerful smile.

"Good morning guys!".

"Good morning Y/n.". Raibaru and Taro said in unison.

"Why did you take so long?". Osana quickly complained.