2 | boxing day

𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚠𝚘 ─ 𝚋𝚘𝚡𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚍𝚊𝚢

By Saturday I was back training. For what? I didn't know myself, but ever since my accident I had vowed to learn to fight. I didn't know my future, and I sure as hell wasn't going to be unable to defend my self from it.

So, now I stared at a boxing bag. My hands wrapped with cloth, padded by gloves, sweat dripping down my neck. My feet felt grounded to the floor, but I used my strength to move them.

I throw a punch.

Pain travels through my fist, but not too much. I though another, then another.

Music blasts through my headphones, drowning out the world. Soon, I am lost in my own fantasy.

Sometimes I like to play this game with myself. I like to pretend I'm someone else.

I pretend I'm happy, really truly happy. I have a family, and we live in a big white picket fenced house. I have a little sister. A dog. I went to college and every year I came home for the holidays. On Christmas, my mother and I made the turkey together. New Years we'd make a pie. They were the kind of parents who got me a pony for my tenth birthday and came to every one of my sports competitions. Whenever I came home from college my little sister would have the grandest smile on her face. I even fell in love. I fell so easily it was like a warm summer day.

I fell in love with a boy.

I fell in love with life.

I fell in love with love.

My thoughts are interrupted by the click of a heavy door opening. The rest of the lights flick on, and I turn to see a few men standing at the door. Among them, was no other than Christian Moretti and the other younger man. And I spent all that time this week trying to avoid him.

They are all walking into the room when they saw me. I don't say anything, taking out my headphones.

"Well, doesn't she look familiar?" The younger one approaches, and I suddenly feel uncomfortable in just a sports bra and leggings, "Hello, Miss Just A Waitress." He says, but I don't answer him.

The man named Christian stands behind him, watching me as if to see how I'd react. There is no reaction. The other men stand off to the side. They are big and strong, but I assume they are just bodyguards because they do not speak.

"If you didn't know, sweetheart, we have an appointment and rented out the place for a few hours. You gotta go." The younger one explains, and I lower my eyebrows.