21 | for forever

𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝚘𝚗𝚎 ─ 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛

By the time we had gotten downstairs everyone was alright. They had all hidden behind the island counter safe and sound. The little ones had luckily gone home earlier that day, and everyone except Christian and I had been in the same area. I had to admit, once I saw Katelyn was okay the weight on my shoulders lessened some.

Everyone agreed we had to get out of there quickly and head to separate hotels to be safe. That was before I broke the news that there was still sharp shooters hiding in the garden.

"What do you mean?" Amalea stood up from the floor, "They aren't gone?"

"No." Christian spoke up this time, and I glance back at him, "They're hiding in the tree line." I bite my lip, trying to think of a plan.

"I have an idea." I say suddenly, and everybody's eyes turn to me. Christian's father watches me especially close. I can tell by the way his eyebrows knitted together, focused on me. His son had the same expression.

"Um, okay, there's a back door through the pantry, correct?" I ask and nonna nods. My eyes flick down to her shaking hand which held her husband's. It broke my heart, "Amalea, you and I can go out that way and sneak out to the garden where the gunman are hiding. After five minutes someone make a distraction. Push over a chair or break a plate, something that'll get their attention so they'll start shooting again." I glance over at Amalea, "Then we'll kill them."

I see something flash behind her eyes, something great.

"I like it." She smiles, grabbing my hand. I step over the bodies sitting on the floor, but not before Christian grabs my wrist and pulls me toward him, holding me in his arms. I get a feeling it wasn't just for show. His pulls back and kisses me on my temple. I smile before turning back to everyone else.

"Well, go. What are you waiting for?" Adrian gave me a look, and I roll my eyes.

"Bye Adrian."

"Be careful. You wouldn't want to lose me." He squeezes my hand when I reach out to him, and I nod.

"We wouldn't want that." It was last thing I said before I followed Amalea out to the pantry, gun in hand.

"You ready, babe?" She asks me, I nod. I could hear the care in her tone. She was worried about me, but I refused to be scared. I'd kill these men before they could kill her family.

I was strong. This totally wasn't insane. I could do this... right?

Amalea counts to three then opens the back door, stepping outside. I realize... this was happening. I could actually die. I wasn't ready to die. I still had so much to do. I still wanted to model. I wanted to explore this new relationship with Christian. I wanted so many things still. But there was one thing I knew I needed in that moment. I needed to survive.