14 | liar, liar

𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗 ─ 𝚕𝚒𝚊𝚛, 𝚕𝚒𝚊𝚛

Christian and I stayed outside until we heard commotion coming from front of the house. He went to go see if it was his parents and I went back inside to change into something nicer for dinner.

I turn the corner, entering our bedroom. The bed was luxurious with clean white sheets and a grand bed frame. Actually, everything in the room was pretty pristine and expensive. I really underestimated how rich Christian's family was.

I mean, I should have noticed when we boarded that private plane... or, you know, when we stayed on his fricken yacht.

I roll my eyes, mostly at myself, then throw open the closet door where my new clothes were already put away. There was tons and tons of clothes. He definitely did not need to buy me this much stuff. I felt guilty.

Was I taking advantage of him? His money?

I didn't want to do that. I felt bad wearing even half these clothes. I check the labels and as I predicted... all name brand. Everything individually in this closet probably costed more than half my savings.

I grab the first dress I see hanging up and put it on. It was a white wrap dress with a brown belt and a slit up the leg. He sure did like me in dresses with a slit up my leg.

I spun in the floor length mirror, the skirt billowing around me. I felt so happy I could dance. I hadn't felt like this in a while. Maybe everything would finally work out in the end.

Satisfied with myself, I glided down the hallways and down the grand staircase.

I could hear everyone downstairs already, probably digging into the food. I came down to the dining room where all the food nonna had made was spread across the middle of the table. Everyone was talking so loud I didn't even think they noticed me when I walked in.

But they did.

Everyone seemed to quiet down as I entered, and I saw there wasn't as many people there as I previously thought.

It was a small group, just as Christian had said it would be, but it sounded like a crowd in here. I saw nonna, Adrian, and Katie who was in a blue frilly lace dress, but also some new people who I assumed was his parents, grandfather, and sister, Amalea.

"Ciao, Maria!" I hear who I assume was his mother shout and stand up. I guess everyone took that as a sign to do the same because the commotion started up again, everyone coming to give me hugs and kisses and talking over each other.