12 | yacht

𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚟𝚎 ─ 𝚢𝚊𝚌𝚑𝚝

I didn't know how long a nine hour flight could be until I actually experienced one. We touched down around eight pm, and stopped to eat somewhere around nine. I did a little sight seeing before we headed off toward the yacht.

It was beautiful boat the color white with black tinted windows. I practically ran down to the entrance.

"Child."

"Shut up." I shoot back at him, a big smile on my face.

His demeanor today was a lot less tense than normal. He usually was uptight and stern with me, but he felt relaxed. He might've even been having fun.

He was quiet on the way in, and didn't say much except when he showed me to my room. We'd be on that boat for about twenty-four to twenty-five hours.

I watched him as he sat down at the dining table and started working at his computer. We were in Greece, on vacation, and he still was trying to work.

I roll my eyes before walking up behind him, and setting a hand on his shoulder.

"Hey, come on, let's get a drink upstairs." I nod up to the surface, and he sighs, closing his computer.

I hear him follow me up the steps. I look around, seeing the hills of buildings slowly moving farther and farther away from us as we traveled toward Italy. It was so pretty against the setting sun.

He sat quietly at a table, and I went to pour him some champagne.

"What do you think of whenever you look at the city?" He asks me, and I glance over at him, "I've always wondered."

I don't even have to think of an answer.

"Nothing."

"Don't lie to me."

"I'm not lying." I say simply, "That's why I love it so much... I don't think of anything. I get a moment of silence."

He leans back on the couch and I sit a couple feet away from him. I cross my legs, looking around at darkness that was starting to cloud the sky.

"I understand." He replies after a while, and I glance over at him, "Silence... is a hard thing to find nowadays." He swirls his drink around in circles.

"Seulement en silence le mot, Seulement dans l'obscurité la lumière, Seulement dans la vie mourante: Éclairez le vol du faucon Sur le ciel vide." I say in French, pursing my lips. He looked up at me with hazel eyes. (Only in silence the word, only in darkness the light, only in dying life; bright the hawk's flight on the empty sky.)