17 | lose me

𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗 ─ 𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚎 𝚖𝚎

I couldn't believe it. Amalea wanted to buy me this gorgeous red dress. This dress I'm sure Asami couldn't even afford. This red dress that I couldn't wear in a lifetime.

My heart was beating so fast I was sure I was going to stop breathing.

"What!" I tug at the necklace around my neck, practically trying to rip it off, "What did you just say?" I swore this woman didn't even like me. I swore she was just hanging out to find out information, and I don't think buying me this dress was part of her plan.

"I'm buying you this dress." She ignores my little outburst and waves one of the employees over to help.

"I know what you said.. I-I just..." I shoot a look at Christian, urging him to help me. He just shrugs his shoulder and crosses his arms, "Fifty thousand euros?"

"Yeah, don't worry about it." Amalea laughs softly, "Take it as a welcome gift."

"It is a little expensive, Lee, you sure you want to buy this for..." Asami looks me up and down, "Her?" I ignore her comment.

"I do. I'm sure she deserves it." Amalea glances at the dress which I now swear is made of gold. I almost wanted to cry I was so happy and surprised at the same time. I didn't even want to touch the thing it was so expensive. It could pay five years worth of my apartment bills.

"Oh, bloody hell," I curse, crossing my arms over my chest, "Just do it. Buy the damn thing." I wave my hand, and watch the transaction unfold. The employee brings out the portable tablet sized cash register and Amalea swipes her black card. Purchase complete.

I have to refrain myself from hugging her.

"Thank you, Amalea." I say. She brushes me off.

"Don't mention it." She replies, and I know she means it because she was rich. This money meant nothing to her. I saw it as this big gift, but she saw it as some money she wouldn't be mad about if she just merely lost it.

After she hands me the bag, Christian takes my hand, and I am silent once again.

Lucky for Christian and I, Amalea and Asami run off somewhere, something about a party on a yacht. He takes me to a cafe where I order chai tea as he orders black coffee.

"Sorry about them." He apologizes, and I roll my eyes.

"Don't mention it." I mock his sister, and he chuckles, runs a hand through his hair.